AEA (Air Europa) commits to A350

Old December 23rd, 2004, 12:51 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default AEA (Air Europa) commits to A350

http://www.airbus.com/dynamic/media/...eases.asp#1650

AIR EUROPA, THE FIRST AIRLINE TO COMMIT TO THE A350
DECEMBER 21, 2004
Air Europa of Spain is the first airline to commit to the A350-800,
Airbus new 245-seater aircraft only on offer since 10th December,
after signing a Memorandum of Understanding for 10 aircraft and 2
further options. This decision comes after a rigorous evaluation of
the aircrafts performance and efficiency with the aircraft due to be
delivered between 2010 and 2012. Air Europa has selected GEnx engines
from GE Aircraft Engines for the aircraft and will use a configuration
of 300 to 330 seats. As part of Air Europas plans to renew and expand
its current fleet, it has signed a contract to receive one A340-200
leased from Airbus in 2005 and intends to lease two new A330-200s in
the spring of 2006.
The A350 is offered as a sister-ship to the A330 and completes the
Airbus wide-body Family with two models, the A350-800 and the
A350-900, allowing Airbus to satisfy all airlines demand in the 245 to
285 seats long range sector. Complementing the existing A330 and A340
product line, the A350-800/900 offers the same external dimensions
with a 245 and 285 seat capacity respectively, an increased range up
to 8,600 nm (15,900 km), new generation engines, providing some 12
percent lower fuel consumption per trip, new wings and a lighter
structure employing an increased amount of composite material. The
same Type Rating for pilots will allow Air Europa to optimise
efficiency with the A340-200 and the A330-200. The application of the
latest state of the art technology in the cabin will provide for best
passenger and crew comfort.
This commitment will without doubt be a key element in the complete
renewal of the Air Europa wide-body fleet, making it one of the most
modern fleet on the continent and allowing our company to continue
with its growth strategy, stated Juan Jose Hidalgo, Executive
President of the Globalia Group and parent company of Air Europa.
No?l Forgeard, Airbus President and Chief Executive Officer of Airbus
expressed the companys pleasure at this announcement. Only days after
the approval from our shareholders to offer this aircraft on the
market, Airbus is already in the position to announce its first
customer for the A350, demonstrating that the A350 indeed correspond
to market needs. Air Europa is a fast growing airline in a market that
is very important and we are proud of their confidence. We are sure it
will be followed soon by more airlines showing their interest in this
latest Airbus product.
A leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive
product line on the market, Airbus is a global company with design and
manufacturing facilities in France, Germany, the UK, and Spain as well
as subsidiaries in the U.S., China and Japan. Headquartered in
Toulouse, France, Airbus is an EADS joint Company with BAE Systems.

BL.
- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email:
Unix Systems Administrator, |

Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! |
http://www.sbcglobal.net/~tyketto

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
nobody

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
the aircrafts performance and efficiency with the aircraft due to be
delivered between 2010 and 2012. Air Europa has selected GEnx engines

2010 ? I would have expected Airbus to deliver the 350 much sooner. Isn't
Boeing delivering the first 7E7 in 2008 ?

Or did Air Europa want those planes later than Airbus could deliver ?
Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:22 AM
AJC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:10:52 -0500, nobody wrote:

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
the aircrafts performance and efficiency with the aircraft due to be
delivered between 2010 and 2012. Air Europa has selected GEnx engines

2010 ? I would have expected Airbus to deliver the 350 much sooner. Isn't
Boeing delivering the first 7E7 in 2008 ?

Or did Air Europa want those planes later than Airbus could deliver ?

Let's be realistic. Airbus will have wanted a quick show of interest,
so will have done a deal with UX for this far off order. You can bet
they will have a nice get out clause as well. Bit like Boeing needing
a 787 order from the US and going with that Primaris fantasy.
--==++AJC++==--

Old December 23rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
AJC wrote:

Let's be realistic. Airbus will have wanted a quick show of interest,
so will have done a deal with UX for this far off order. You can bet
they will have a nice get out clause as well. Bit like Boeing needing
a 787 order from the US and going with that Primaris fantasy.

Primarisisn;t on the books
Old December 23rd, 2004, 03:36 PM
AJC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:03:55 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article ,
AJC wrote:

Let's be realistic. Airbus will have wanted a quick show of interest,
so will have done a deal with UX for this far off order. You can bet
they will have a nice get out clause as well. Bit like Boeing needing
a 787 order from the US and going with that Primaris fantasy.

Primarisisn;t on the books

Neither is UX.
--==++AJC++==--

Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
nobody

AJC wrote:
Primaris isn't on the books

Neither is UX.

What I find interesting is that Boeing announced the Primaris "sale", but
doesn't count it in its order book (same with the couple other low-key
airlines that "purchased" 7E7s). JAL's order won't be on the books until March
according to the Boeing press release, but I guess it is serious enough to be
counted right away.

Seems to me that , especially if you have an agressive goal of 200 by year
end, that you'd want to include all sales, even to those virtual airlines that
are unlikely to actually take delivery. Years from now, nobody will notice if
Primaris doesn't take delivery of its 7E7s.

Old December 24th, 2004, 08:00 AM
AJC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:16:30 -0500, nobody wrote:

AJC wrote:
Primaris isn't on the books

Neither is UX.

What I find interesting is that Boeing announced the Primaris "sale", but
doesn't count it in its order book (same with the couple other low-key
airlines that "purchased" 7E7s).

One of those others, the Italian leisure carrier that no one has ever
heard of, has just recently made it a firm(er) order I believe. As for
the Primaris fantasy, that was just a mutual publicity exercise.
Boeing wanted to keep the ball rolling by giving the impression of an
order from the US, at least enough of an impression to get the media
to pick up on it and misreport the story. Primaris, by having their
name associated with Boeing's new project again hoped that the
subsequent media misreporting would give a sense of reality to their
fantasy airline project.

JAL's order won't be on the books until March
according to the Boeing press release, but I guess it is serious enough to be
counted right away.

Yes, that's a real order. The Japanese government will have seen to
that!

Seems to me that , especially if you have an agressive goal of 200 by year
end, that you'd want to include all sales, even to those virtual airlines that
are unlikely to actually take delivery. Years from now, nobody will notice if
Primaris doesn't take delivery of its 7E7s.

I will :-)
--==++AJC++==--
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Retired

Air Europa of Spain is the first airline to commit to the A350-800,
Airbus new 245-seater aircraft only on offer since 10th December,
after signing a Memorandum of Understanding...

snip
Air Europa has selected GEnx engines
from GE Aircraft Engines for the aircraft and will use a configuration
of 300 to 330 seats.

I love the way Airlines treat their future passengers...

"Let's buy an economical 245 seater aircraft...
and if we reduce our passengers' basic leg-room and minimum space
to the very minimum... we could squeeze 330 of the suckers in it !!!".

retired/uk.