Oz Loo Finder

Old February 26th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Sawna Hawley

Default Oz Loo Finder

Australian Gov't will help you find public restrooms via GPS or map and
cell phone. The National Toilet Map is a bid to fight public
incontinence -
http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/02...et-finder.html

Old February 26th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Alan S

On 26 Feb 2005 07:36:19 -0800, "Sawna Hawley"
wrote:

|Australian Gov't will help you find public restrooms via GPS or map and
|cell phone. The National Toilet Map is a bid to fight public
|incontinence -
|http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/02...et-finder.html

It fascinates me that this regularly appears here. If there is one
thing we excell at in Oz, it's plenty of free public conveniences,
both in the cities and at roadside rest areas.

I couldn't say the same for Europe and the states; in both regions we
found that we usually had to buy a coffee or a wine as an excuse to
use facilities. Or pay the cleaner sitting outside with a dish on a
table.

I still remember our surprise at having to get the Macca's manager in
one European city (Vienna? Munich?) to unlock the toilet - which he
would only do after we paid him 50c each.

And in 11000km through 14 countries in our Eurodrive Clio we saw only
two roadside rest stops with free (actually, with any) conveniences.

Cheers, Alan
Old February 27th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Ken Pisichko

Alan - I've been there, done that too. OZ is called the "Lucky Country" for
more reasons than the average Australian would ever realize. Here in
Winnipeg there are Robin's Do-nut shops where you have to buy a coffee and
do-nut before you can use their "bathroom". At least their coffee is
drinkable, hot, and served in a porcelain cup .

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada