Bombs in LOndon

Old July 7th, 2005, 06:52 PM

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Rita

I am sure the London police have been on alert for terrorism
there, just as our police force is in New York City. But there
is no way to be perfectly safe. From what I've been hearing, and
it is early yet, the London attacks must have been planned for
some time to coincide with the G8 meetings. I know that as in
New York, no vigilance in the underground transport systems can
assure perfect safety there.

Yes, you can never make yourself safe from terrorism in a
democracy. I think all western countries are now focused on the
need to address it, but we haven't been able to agree on tactics!

It's a shame we can't make the cretins who kill themselves in the name
of God understand that they don't get 72 virgins, they just get dead,
and end up in hell if there is one.

Old July 7th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"dae" wrote:

As a New Yorker you are easy to fool. Look at your two foolish Senator's.
One of them is married to the most foolish President we ever had in our
History. Bedroom Bill. 9-11 was set up on his watch, as were all of the
Embassy bombings in which he said over and over again, "We will catch the
people who did this and punish them". Never caught one other than the ones
who hit the Tower with a truck bomb, and the others are still free as far as
we know.

What a load of ********! At least Bubba knew that Al Qaida was a
threat, and attempted (admittedly without significant success) to deal
with it.

When Bush took over, his people dismissed the threat, and didn't even
read the files.

As for your "Bedroom Bill" crack, it's off-target. He did it anywhere,
including an ante-room to the Oval Office. But all he screwed was a
willing intern. Bush screws whole nations.

Did Dubya also say something about catching people? Where is Osama? He
caught Saddam, who had nothing to do with 9/11.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:55 PM

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Des Small

And England re-elected Blair as well.

not because of the war policy, the opposition are also pro war
and on other issues its a no contest.

"England" didn't re-elect "Blair"; the United Kingdom re-elected New
Labour, and that in subdued preference to the shambolic, nasty and
also pro-war Conservative opposition.

Rita, its GB or UK, England is just part of it, I know a lot of
non europeans dont know that.

But don't call it GB if yer talking to someone from Ulster ;-)

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
oups.com...
My heartfelt condolences... the elation of the "Games" to this very low
point.

As a New Yorker, my condolences as well. I love London and
hearing about the destruction, deaths, injuries and the fear
that Londoners will experience as a result for a long time
to come makes me ill. I know people there will respond with
courage, just as New Yorkers did to 9/11.

Terrorism only started on 9/11 for Americans,

What about Oklahoma city? What about various embassy bombings? What about the
previous attack on the WTC?

the IRA existed long
before this. Unfortunately their activity was paid for by American fund
raising.

And what proportion of Americans do you think contributed, xenophobic arsehole?

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
oups.com...
tell us Mike, why do you think this happened.

Because the idiots in this country re-elected the government who decided to
invade Iraq?

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Andy Pandy

"Des Small" wrote in message
As did Madrid, of course. But the Spanish had ETA and Britain had the
IRA - the New York attacks "changed the world" partly because America
was relatively inexperienced at being attacked by terrorists.

And partly because it killed close to the same number of people in a single
incident as the IRA had over 30 years.

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Andy Pandy

"The Reids" wrote in message
the United Kingdom re-elected New
Labour,

to clarify, Blair is not directly elected other than to his
constituency, the majority party select him from within
themselves, many of us hope he will stand down in favour of
gordon Brown.

But that's just pedantic. Voting Labour meant voting for Tony Blair as leader of
the country.

--
Andy