Around the World Tickets

Old December 10th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Liz

Default Around the World Tickets

"Kathrin" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket?

Hi Kathrin,
I am looking at a RTW trip right now and plan on using Star Alliance
(because their network is awesome). I am in Japan and the brochure I have
from Air Canada says:
29,000 miles - 335,000 yen
35,000 miles - 385,000 yen
39,000 miles - 452,000 yen
That means you're looking at between about 3500 and 5000 bucks US depending
on how much mileage you opt for. There are business and first class options
as well.
Not sure, but I believe prices are different depending on what your starting
point is. Most of the airlines have info on their websites, but you have to
search for it - it isn't easy to find. None of them include prices though.
The info they do provide is basically the mileage options and restrictions
(e.g. backtracking etc). If you live near an airline office, just drop in
and ask for a brochure. Also check out how much it is to do individual
and/or open jaw tickets. Depending on how much you are actually flying,
these may be cheaper... and don't have the restrictions of an RTW ticket.
Liz

Old December 10th, 2003, 02:25 PM
swagmanneke

hi
about 6 years ago ( and prices don't change that much) my Australian cousin
visited us with a rwt and paid between 1600and 1700 euros booked from
Melbourne== London
London== Madrid == Tenerifa( was extra) and back to London
London == Brussels and Back to London
London == Los Angeles
Los Angeles== Hawai
Hawai == Melbourne
they booked Qantas but the carrier was most off the time British Airways
and looking to the prices i paid for my 3 visits to Australia since that
time prices keep almost the same.

--
Swagmanneke( walter caremans)

"Liz" schreef in bericht

Old December 10th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Miguel Cruz

Kathrin wrote:
Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket??

Probably more than you need to pay. Usually a good travel agent can put
together something cheaper for any given itinerary (unless it was
specifically contrived to favor RTW tariffs).

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:20 PM
webpecker

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:47:33 +0100, Kathrin wrote:

Can anybody tell me about the prices of an Around The World Ticket??

http://www.trailfinders.com/RTWTickets.htm

The Great Escapade
Sample Route:
London - Delhi - surface - Mumbai - Singapore - Hanoi - surface - Ho
Chi Minh City - Sydney - Christchurch - surface - Auckland - The Cook
Islands - Tahiti - Los Angeles - surface - San Fransisco - London
from £998

The One World Explorer
Sample Route:
London - Chennai - surface - Mumbai - Bangkok - surface - Singapore -
Hong Kong - Tokyo - Cairns - Darwin - Alice Springs - surface - Ayers
Rock - Sydney - Christchurch - surface - Auckland - Santiago - Arica -
La Paz - surface - Lima - Rio de Janeiro - London
from £1525

The Star Alliance
Sample Route:
London - Vienna - Istanbul - surface - Cairo - Dubai - Ho Chi Minh
City - Singapore - Auckland - Fiji - The Cook Islands - Los Angeles -
Miami - Washington - London
from £1379
cheers,

webpecker
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Crystal

Echoing Miguel, check with some travel agencies. If you go directly to
an airline, you're going to pay out the wazoo. Also, if you're a
student, make sure to check with student-focused agencies such as STA
Travel. They can get some really good rates on British Airways ATW
tickets.

~Crystal~