China/HK visas

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:41 PM
rascal

Default China/HK visas

I'm a bit confused about the visa requirements for China and Hong Kong. We
will be traveling to China from the USA, from China to HK, and flying to the
USA from HK. Do we need visas for both China and HK?

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM
PeterL

"rascal" wrote in message
I'm a bit confused about the visa requirements for China and Hong Kong.

We
will be traveling to China from the USA, from China to HK, and flying to

the
USA from HK. Do we need visas for both China and HK?

Depending on which passport you hold. Assuming you hold US passports, no,
you don't need a visa for HK, just for China.

Old March 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Always check out with the immigration departement of your intended
destinations to make sure on how you should prepare yourself before
arrival.

Old March 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Old March 19th, 2005, 02:06 AM
PTRAVEL

"Alan" wrote in message

You will need a China visa for China. I go on business and always
require an "invitation" letter to submit with my visa. Don't know
about what you do as a tourist.

Nothing additional required. You fill out a form, provide 2 passport
pictures and pay the fee.

Also, I use a company called VIP
Services in Houston to get the visa. There's a fee, but it's worth it
for them to handle the details and I have never had a problem with
using them over the past 3 years. If you plan on going back to China
within the year, you should consider a multi-entry visa that's good
for 12 months.

No visa necessary for Hong Kong. You'll just need to fill out a 2
part Hong Kong Immigration form when you cross the border. One part
is kept by customs, you'll need to keep the second copy with your
passport for when you leave HK.

Don't worry, this is not as complicated as it sounds!

Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:27 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On 18 Mar 2005 11:24:23 -0800, the renowned "Tchiowa"
wrote:

rascal wrote:
I'm a bit confused about the visa requirements for China and Hong

Kong. We
will be traveling to China from the USA, from China to HK, and flying

to the
USA from HK. Do we need visas for both China and HK?

Assuming you're an American you don't need a visa for HK but you do for
China. I just got a business visa for China. Takes less than a week for
a single entry.

You can get China visas in Hong Kong quite readily (cost depends on
how fast you need it), with fewer questions asked than elsewhere,
especially for dual/multiple entry visas. In the US and Canada, you
need to take your passport into their embassy or consulate or have an
agent do it for you. Of course, you will pay extra for the latter.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany