Separate cabins for snoring couple

Old June 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
zorba

Default Separate cabins for snoring couple

Because of snoring, my wife and I require separate bedrooms when we
travel. I know some cruise ships offer two-bedroom "owner's" suites
at prohibitive (for us) prices, but do any lines offer regular cabins
that connect and can thus form a two-room suite. Any other ideas,
outside of divorce?

Old June 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jun 23, 8:31 am, zorba wrote:
Because of snoring, my wife and I require separate bedrooms when we
travel. I know some cruise ships offer two-bedroom "owner's" suites
at prohibitive (for us) prices, but do any lines offer regular cabins
that connect and can thus form a two-room suite. Any other ideas,
outside of divorce?

There are definitely adjoining cabins on ships, similar to what you'd
see in a hotel, with an interior door between them. Additionally, if
you opt for balcony cabins, the partition between the cabins can also
be opened, so that you can enjoy double the outside space. If you look
at deck plans, adjoining cabins are indicated in some fashion - on
Carnival (I just went over to their website to check) they have a
little white arrow between to cabins that are adjoining. Other cruise
lines will indicate it similarly.

The thing is, since you're each going to have your own cabin, you'll
be subject to potentially huge "single supplement" fares, sometimes
double what you'd pay to share a cabin. To avoid this, or at least
lessen the penalty, try to be flexible about dates, cruise line, ship,
itinerary. I've cruised solo in the past, and I'll basically ask my TA
to find me a deal - one in which I won't be gouged, just because I'm
traveling solo.

Ear plugs are an option, too..... :-)

Lee

Old June 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

zorba wrote:

Because of snoring, my wife and I require separate bedrooms when we
travel. I know some cruise ships offer two-bedroom "owner's" suites
at prohibitive (for us) prices, but do any lines offer regular cabins
that connect and can thus form a two-room suite. Any other ideas,
outside of divorce?

Ear plugs?

White noise?

How about a medical evaluation to deal with the source of the snoring?

Or go on a Windjammer cruise and one of you sleep on deck

Old June 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

If snoring is a problem try earplugs. They are much cheaper than 2
cabins,

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old June 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Howabout seterat ships?
"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
If snoring is a problem try earplugs. They are much cheaper than 2
cabins,

~~DORIS~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old June 23rd, 2007, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
zorba wrote:
How about a medical evaluation to deal with the source of the snoring?

Yes, ditto what Rosalie said. A medical evaluation could lead to a solution,
and both of you might end up sleeping a lot better. Heavy snoring might
indicate a serious underlying medical condition.

Peter

Old June 23rd, 2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bert Hyman

In oups.com LeeNY
wrote:

Additionally, if you opt for balcony cabins, the partition between the
cabins can also be opened, so that you can enjoy double the outside
space.

Or, you could just get one cabin with a balcony and one of you could
sleep out there :-)

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jun 23, 8:20 am, (Cruise Crazy) wrote:
If snoring is a problem try earplugs. They are much cheaper than 2
cabins,

I tried them ... but even when i use them my wife says I still
snore ...

Old June 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

number6 wrote:
On Jun 23, 8:20 am, (Cruise Crazy) wrote:

If snoring is a problem try earplugs. They are much cheaper than 2
cabins,

I tried them ... but even when i use them my wife says I still
snore ...

Seriously, you should see a Doctor regarding your
snoring. I was regarded as a "World Class" snorer
and it turned out I had a breathing problem that
was brought under control by a positive pressure
breating machine. Of course, now I need a power
outlet to operate the macine, but harmony rules.
Other than that, have youw wife use the earplugs.
Cheers,
John in LALALand
Old June 23rd, 2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jun 23, 2:44 pm, J Carnaghie wrote:
number6 wrote:
On Jun 23, 8:20 am, (Cruise Crazy) wrote:

If snoring is a problem try earplugs. They are much cheaper than 2
cabins,

I tried them ... but even when i use them my wife says I still
snore ...

Seriously, you should see a Doctor regarding your
snoring. I was regarded as a "World Class" snorer
and it turned out I had a breathing problem that
was brought under control by a positive pressure
breating machine.

So, if it's not the snoring that'll keep the wife awake, it's the
noise from the machine...what's the dif?

Seriously - the OP didn't ask us what to diagnose his snoring problem
- he asked about separate bedrooms on a cruise ship. Dontcha think
maybe he and his wife have already addressed the possible underlying
medical issues that may be causing his snoring? And if they have or
haven't, is it any of our business? I know everyone means well, but
I'm just reading all these posts and thinking, myob. The topic was
cruising in separate bedrooms, not how to cure snoring.

Lee