cost of living of usa cities

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Lonnieanixt

Default cost of living of usa cities

Getting ridiculous to live in New York city.
Don't even think of buying a house in New York, average price is about 300,000
dollars, there is a tax on everything. Auto-mobile insurance will cost you
another two grand.
Time to make a change while the getting is good. Figure all the key cities
suffer from the same plight: Chicago, San Francisco, Boston.
So whats a man to do.
If you were going to pick up stakes and find new territory, which city would
you choose.
I figure Arizona and Colorado are two hot spots where you could support a
family and buy a home with out being ripped off.
They tell me Scottsdale has perfect weather. what are prices like in Arizona.
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:47 AM
alohacyberian

"Lonnieanixt" wrote in message
Getting ridiculous to live in New York city.
Don't even think of buying a house in New York, average price is about

300,000
dollars, there is a tax on everything. Auto-mobile insurance will cost you
another two grand.
Time to make a change while the getting is good. Figure all the key

cities
suffer from the same plight: Chicago, San Francisco, Boston.
So whats a man to do.
If you were going to pick up stakes and find new territory, which city

would
you choose.
I figure Arizona and Colorado are two hot spots where you could support a
family and buy a home with out being ripped off.
They tell me Scottsdale has perfect weather. what are prices like in

Arizona.

The best cost of living areas are probably Oregon, Wyoming, Montana,
Kentucky, Tennessee and northern Florida around Orlando as well as Texas, New
Mexico and Oklahoma. The Dakotas are probably very reasonable, but, I'm not
sure you'd want to live there. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old January 7th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Icono Clast

(Lonnieanixt) wrote:
Getting ridiculous to live in New York city.
Don't even think of buying a house in New York, average price is about
300,000 dollars

You can't even find one here for such a low price.

which city would you choose.
I figure Arizona and Colorado are two hot spots where you could support a
family and buy a home with out being ripped off.

Neither is a city. Arizona is a Right-to-Work-for-Less state where
supermarket checkers, the last time I asked, were paid half as much as
those here.

Colorado charges sales tax on food. No, not just restaurant food; the
food you buy to prepare at home regardless of how poor you might be.
It is also the intolerant state that voted to discriminate against
homosexuals.

They tell me Scottsdale has perfect weather.

I spend most US Independence Days in Scottsdale. The temperature is
usually around 108°F, often getting up to about 113°F. Perfect?

what are prices like in Arizona.

You ask about prices. You should ask about costs. And wages. And the
educational system that's so bad I was moved to ask about it based on
the evidence I saw almost everywhere I looked. Also, the last time I
looked, it had just about the highest violent crime rate in the USA.

Although I've enquired of Arizona real estate agents the average
annual utility bill, they answer with vaguenesses that lead me to
believe they're extremely high.

I've also asked them about pest control, another expense about which
they refuse to talk. I've heard, but cannot confirm, that they're
required twice a year.

You couldn't pay me to live in either of those states even though each
is a great pleasure to visit.

Dave Hatunen, an emigrant to Tucson, will disagree.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Peter L

"Lonnieanixt" wrote in message
Getting ridiculous to live in New York city.
Don't even think of buying a house in New York, average price is about

300,000
dollars, there is a tax on everything. Auto-mobile insurance will cost you
another two grand.
Time to make a change while the getting is good. Figure all the key

cities
suffer from the same plight: Chicago, San Francisco, Boston.
So whats a man to do.
If you were going to pick up stakes and find new territory, which city

would
you choose.
I figure Arizona and Colorado are two hot spots where you could support

family and buy a home with out being ripped off.
They tell me Scottsdale has perfect weather. what are prices like in

Arizona.

You asked a number of questions about living in other areas. But I don't
think you know what you really want. You talked about cost of living, and
prices. They are two different things. Then you mentioned weather. So
give us a list of your criteria, and see if we can give some suggestions.
Another poster did previously. He had a list of 8 very specific criteria,
and he got lots of suggestions.