Hotel in Sigapore - advice needed

Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
Rumbaya

Default Hotel in Sigapore - advice needed

I 'm looking for a budget hotel in Singapore not too far from the Lavender
Bus Station, say in Little India or Geylang. I plan to spend no more than
100 S$ per night for a room (we are 2 adults and a 7 years children). Do you
have any recommendation ?

btw, i will appreciate any advice about these hotels :

- Tai Hoe Hotel
- New 7th Storey Hotel
- Cactus Hotel
- The Inn at Temple Street
- Hotels 81

Thanks in advance

François

Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Mr. Free Notes

Default Hotels In Singapore

New 7th Storey Hotel -- Mainly Backpackers

The rest -- ??

Little India -- Why not consider Mustafa Hotel?

Some pictures of hotels at Little India from my homepage:
http://www.thelinksociety.com/People/ChuKeong.htm

CKLee
http://www.knowledge-sharing.com/

Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
Larry

I wrote several paragraphs in response including info about rooms and how to
reach the hotel and return to the airport. But your e-mail address is invalid.
If you (or anyone else) want my reply, please contact me by e-mail.

Larry in Berkeley (sesa otter 6 at aol dot com)
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:57 PM
chilly

"Larry" wrote in message
I wrote several paragraphs in response including info about rooms and how

reach the hotel and return to the airport. But your e-mail address is

invalid.
If you (or anyone else) want my reply, please contact me by e-mail.

Larry in Berkeley (sesa otter 6 at aol dot com)

Is there some reason that you can't post it here for all to see? I'd like a
look at it myself. TIA

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:43 PM
WebMonkey

Rumbaya wrote:
I 'm looking for a budget hotel in Singapore not too far from the
Lavender Bus Station, say in Little India or Geylang. I plan to spend
no more than 100 S$ per night for a room (we are 2 adults and a 7
years children). Do you have any recommendation ?

Geylang ! did u say Geylang ?? with children ?

Old March 4th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Francois

Why not ?
I know Geylang is the "Red Light District" of Singapore, but i have never
been there before. Is Geylang a dangerous place ?

Old March 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Tommy Petersson

"Rumbaya" wrote in
:

I 'm looking for a budget hotel in Singapore not too far from the
Lavender Bus Station, say in Little India or Geylang. I plan to spend
no more than 100 S$ per night for a room (we are 2 adults and a 7
years children). Do you have any recommendation ?

Palace Hotel is a very basic and cheap hotel with reasonably large rooms
easily accomodating three persons. I don't have any current prices. It's
close to Lavender Food Centre.

/Tommy P.
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Kiwi

I would recommend Hotel 81. They are a new chain of budget hotels, all
over Singapore. They have one in Geylang too but I wouldn't recommend
that. You know for yourself that Geylang is a red light district,
pretty sleazy considering you have a kid with you.

Try the Hotel 81 at Chinatown. It is close to the train station and
pretty accessible to other areas of Singapore.

The Inn at Temple Street is a nice little guesthouse. You would
appreciate the entire set up with the surroundings. It is also in the
Chinatown area. In fact, Chinatown has many other hostels. Try surfing
the net for more info.

"GT Tan" iscs @singnet.com.sg wrote in message ...
I am from Singapore, I have just booked for my Sri Lankan friends at the
YMCA, the rooms are S$85 nett, single, S$100double with breakfast. YMCA is
located on orchard road and is next to the MRT station.

Geylang is safe, Singapore is a safe country to walk around. I am not
talking about exceptions.

You may like to look at Mustafa hotel. Mustafa is a 24/7 shopping centre.
You have to be there to see their range of merchandise. I couldnt believe it
myself.

Hotel 81 also runs the Franpani hotels. Hope this helps

Old March 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Neil Raines

We looked at a room in the Chinatown Hotel 81, thinking it could be a
cheaper option for future visits. It must have been designed for "short
time" visitors only, as there was no room around the bed for suitcases or
other belongings!

om...

Old March 5th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Peter L

"Francois" wrote in message
Why not ?
I know Geylang is the "Red Light District" of Singapore, but i have never
been there before. Is Geylang a dangerous place ?

Seven year old child, red light district, does not compute....