Celebrity's "A Taste of Cirque du Soleil(c)"

Old December 1st, 2005, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity's "A Taste of Cirque du Soleil(c)"

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. FWIW Celebrity has been testing this concept
and the comments that I have heard have been positive. If you have
missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises and Cirque du Soleil Introduce 'A Taste of Cirque du
Soleil(c)'

MIAMI, Dec. 1
When the curtain rises in the theaters of Celebrity Cruises'
Constellation and Summit today, the audience will be treated to the
official debut of "A Taste of Cirque du Soleil(c)," a new
entertainment showcase featuring the magic and wizardry of Cirque du
Soleil, created exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.

"A Taste of Cirque du Soleil is the result of positive dialogue with
our partners at Cirque, combined with valuable feedback from our
guests and trade partners," said Celebrity's President Dan Hanrahan.
"We are extremely pleased with the outcome, and judging by the
standing ovation when we first presented this new concept, we're
confident our guests will be thrilled, as well."

The result of an exclusive partnership with the world-renowned Cirque
du Soleil, the new 30-minute performances will be offered exclusively
onboard Celebrity's Constellation and Summit, and feature three
acrobatic performances and characters from Cirque du Soleil.

"A Taste of Cirque du Soleil focuses on the human element; the
simplicity of individual artists' talent, creativity and agility,"
said Cirque du Soleil President & COO Daniel Lamarre. "It is the true
essence, and at the core of, what Cirque du Soleil was founded on."

A Taste of Cirque du Soleil is presented twice per cruise on
Celebrity's Constellation and Summit in the Celebrity Theatre. There
is no charge for the performances.

The two ships also house "The Bar at the Edge of the Earth," a lounge
designed exclusively for Celebrity by Cirque du Soleil, as well as
Cirque du Soleil boutiques -- the only such shops in existence other
than those operated solely by Cirque.

Cirque du Soleil is recognized worldwide for its elaborate and
creative productions. Cirque's wish is to offer creators from all
backgrounds and origins the freedom to dream the wildest dreams and
the platform to make them come true. Cirque du Soleil is a creative
content provider for a wide variety of unique projects. The heart of
Cirque du Soleil's activity is creating live shows and presenting them
under Grand Chapiteaus or theaters. Since 1984, more than 60 creators
from the four corners of the globe have contributed their talents to
this end. Cirque du Soleil always seeks to imbue each new project with
the energy and spirit that are the hallmark of its shows. For more
information, visit the Cirque du Soleil web site at
http://www.cirquedusoleil.com .

Celebrity Cruises offers a comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise
experience with highly personalized service, authentic five-star
dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Its nine ships and the
line's service, cuisine and spas consistently dominate top travelers'
surveys. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Bermuda, California, the
Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera,
the Panama Canal and South America. For more information, call your
travel agent.
Old December 1st, 2005, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Old news , those shows SUCKED.

Until Celebrity have changed these shows ...my 2 cents is do not
waste your time going.

Old December 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:55:26 GMT, Duck wrote:

Old news , those shows SUCKED.

Until Celebrity have changed these shows ...my 2 cents is do not
waste your time going.

Hi,

As a clarification this is NOT the old Celebrity productions. These
are brand new productions that are more like the traditional shows
that Cirque du Soleil has been producing for many years.

Old December 1st, 2005, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:55:26 GMT, Duck wrote:

Old news , those shows SUCKED.

Until Celebrity have changed these shows ...my 2 cents is do not
waste your time going.

Hi,

As a clarification this is NOT the old Celebrity productions. These
are brand new productions that are more like the traditional shows
that Cirque du Soleil has been producing for many years.

Thanks Ray! I think Duck didn't read the release, it was quite obvious
that there are new production "shows", nothing like what they had
before. I am just sorry they aren't going to have it on the Infinity,
which I will be sailing on in feb. Gotta go look and see what itins
the Constellation and Summit have.

sue

Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:14:27 -0500, Frederick
wrote:

Well, well...I'm sailing on Constellation tomorrow evening so I'll throw
in my 2 cents worth upon return! Duck, lighten up, it's free

lol.... as much as they talked it up it was just a BIG let down.

But I guess they have changed the shows and will be waiting to hear
reports of this so called new shows.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

Well, well...I'm sailing on Constellation tomorrow evening so I'll throw
in my 2 cents worth upon return! Duck, lighten up, it's free

lol.... as much as they talked it up it was just a BIG let down.

But I guess they have changed the shows and will be waiting to hear
reports of this so called new shows.

So, what kinds of shows do you like?

Singing? Dancing?

Personally I don't care for the singing/dancing type shows. At least the
Cirque shows were different. Not the same old same old. Though they did
require you to participate... experience what was going on... not just sit
there like a zombie.

Perhaps you would be better sticking with other lines with plain old normal
boring entertainment.

--Tom

Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:01:21 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Well, well...I'm sailing on Constellation tomorrow evening so I'll throw
in my 2 cents worth upon return! Duck, lighten up, it's free

lol.... as much as they talked it up it was just a BIG let down.

But I guess they have changed the shows and will be waiting to hear
reports of this so called new shows.

So, what kinds of shows do you like?

Singing? Dancing?

Personally I don't care for the singing/dancing type shows. At least the
Cirque shows were different. Not the same old same old. Though they did
require you to participate... experience what was going on... not just sit
there like a zombie.

Perhaps you would be better sticking with other lines with plain old normal
boring entertainment.

--Tom

Well we enjoy all types of shows at least 1 time.lol
These shows were just plain boring with the Bar At The End of the
Earth a real sleeper.

But hopefully they have improved these shows. I am not the only
cruiser who thought this way , many cruisers I talked too on the
cruise had similiar reviews.
Old December 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hello all,
Duck must have been mistaken regarding the shows. The old show may have
been bad. The new shows are pretty good! In fact they got a standing
ovation when we saw the previews on the Constellation's 10.29.05
sailing. Didn't see the bar production, but these new shows were worth
seeing in the theater.
Mark
Homeport:
Monmouth County, NJ