London Theatre Online Booking?

Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Larry in Berkeley

Default London Theatre Online Booking?

Can anyone please tell me if there are any Internet sites that offer
tickets for London theatre with seats in all price ranges? The only
sites I find offer only the stalls seats (which I do not like).

Larry at Morro Bay, California

Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Miss L. Toe

"Larry in Berkeley" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone please tell me if there are any Internet sites that offer
tickets for London theatre with seats in all price ranges? The only
sites I find offer only the stalls seats (which I do not like).

Larry at Morro Bay, California

Have you tried www.ticketmaster.co.uk ?
Or phoning the theatre ?

Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Larry in Berkeley

Miss L. Toe wrote:

Have you tried www.ticketmaster.co.uk ?

Much better, thanks. In theory, anyway. For the show I checked in
early December, only higher priced tickets are available (3 to 5 times
the price of the cheapest seats).

But they list all prices and give seating charts, which is very helpful
in telephoning, which I will do if I can't find anything online. It's
easier and more convenient to use Inernet becasue of the time
difference (and the cost of international calls, especially if you have
to wait in a queue).

Larry at Morro Bay, California

Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David

Larry in Berkeley wrote:
Can anyone please tell me if there are any Internet sites that offer
tickets for London theatre with seats in all price ranges? The only
sites I find offer only the stalls seats (which I do not like).

Larry at Morro Bay, California

If you can cope with a certain amount of uncertainty / serendipity,
queueing to buy [usually half-price] tickets for same-evening
performance at that booth place in Leicester Square can be a fun and
economical way to get tickets - ISTR they open at 10am [best to get in
queue before then if you can] and at that time of day seem to have
tickets for just about all the shows [maybe excluding the odd one].
Otherwise, lastminute.com seem reasonable online and the'res lots of
other sites pop up with appropriate googling, all with discounted seats
[usually excluding weekend and / or main evening performances] and many
will allot seating nos. online which can be checked against a seat
plan. Ticketmaster are ubiquitous but IME a bloated and shambolic
quasi-monopoly and best avoided !
HTH
David

Old October 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mimi

"David" wrote in message
ups.com...

If you can cope with a certain amount of uncertainty / serendipity,
queueing to buy [usually half-price] tickets for same-evening
performance at that booth place in Leicester Square can be a fun and
economical way to get tickets - ISTR they open at 10am [best to get in
queue before then if you can] and at that time of day seem to have
tickets for just about all the shows [maybe excluding the odd one].
Otherwise, lastminute.com seem reasonable online and the'res lots of
other sites pop up with appropriate googling, all with discounted seats
[usually excluding weekend and / or main evening performances] and many
will allot seating nos. online which can be checked against a seat
plan. Ticketmaster are ubiquitous but IME a bloated and shambolic
quasi-monopoly and best avoided !

I'm with you against Ticketmaster. That per ticket charge is robbery. I
never buy from them. However, when we tried the ticket booth in Leicester
Square for a show, we got a choice of first row or second. (We picked
second. It worked out fine, but I wouldn't want this for some big wide
musical.)

Marianne

Old October 5th, 2006, 05:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Wiener Sänger

Even TKTS Leicester Square (note: the booth with the clock tower close
to the underground entrance; all the others are fakes), charges £2.50
for every ticket. And it is half price for the most expensive seats,
some only 25%, which is still far more than the cheapest and restricted
view seats (which are most likely sold out for the best shows)

The website is updated daily for the matinées and the evening shows.
The URL is: http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/today

National Rail also offers 2-for-1 special offers at some very popular
theatres:
http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

Lastly, some restaurants offer dinner + theatre deals, including
Porters Covent Garden.
http://www.porters.uk.com/

Mimi wrote:
ups.com...

Old October 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Go Fig

In article .com,
Larry in Berkeley wrote:

Miss L. Toe wrote:

Have you tried www.ticketmaster.co.uk ?

Much better, thanks.

I've used them many times without any problems.

jay
Thu Oct 05, 2006

Old October 5th, 2006, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 02:54:07 -0700, Go Fig wrote:

Yes, but you're also well known for being full of ****.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 6th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Wiener Sänger

Wiener Sänger wrote:
Even TKTS Leicester Square (note: the booth with the clock tower close
to the underground entrance; all the others are fakes), charges £2.50
for every ticket. And it is half price for the most expensive seats,
some only 25%, which is still far more than the cheapest and restricted
view seats (which are most likely sold out for the best shows)

The website is updated daily for the matinées and the evening shows.
The URL is: http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/today

A small correction to the "close to the underground station exit" that
I posted. You would think so, but it isn't quite, if you look at the
3D map he

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co....eicestersquare

It is at the far end of the square, and I suppose it depends on which
exit of the Leicester Square (or Picadilly Circus) underground station
you take.