new to the group with a few questions

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:35 AM
Howie

Default new to the group with a few questions

RTCReferee wrote:

Howie wrote:

Used to be (lots of things) on the Norway, that there were actually
smoking and non-smoking cabins. Don't know whether other ships/lines
have this.

On the other hand, as I have said many times, I would be perfectly happy
to have smoking ships and non-smoking ships.

I have not suggested we cruise on separate ships, and I don't understand why
you feel smokers and non-smokers should have their own ships, except that you
know that the non-smokers are the likely losers, but the availability of a good
portion of non-smoking cabins on a mainstream ship would be fair, don't you
think?

Yes, it would be fair. That's why I mentioned the system on the Norway.
Perhaps other NCL ships are like this as well. Can anyone comment?

While there are many boutique hotels and Bed and Breakfast inns which are
totally non-smoking, the majority of larger hotels have rooms dedicated to
smoking or non-smoking and this works well. Smokers can smoke to their heart's
content in their room and non-smokers are free of it. It seems to me that
cruise lines ought to be able to accomodate smokers and non-smokers on the same
ship better than they currently do.

I don't think that it is rude to want to be free of smoke and other allergens
in the room in which we relax, store our clothing and sleep.

No, it is certainly not rude to want to be free of smoke. And I was not
suggesting that you were rude at all. What it rude is to have someone
comment or gesture about your smoking when you are in a place that
permits smoking, especially when you got there before the party who is
offended by your smoke.

As for the other things you mentioned, (aside from the issue of smoke), if you
haven't guessed by now, we are pretty much in the same corner on a lot of
issues.

Yeah, I guessed

Howie

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:56 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:35:42 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Yes, it would be fair. That's why I mentioned the system on the Norway.
Perhaps other NCL ships are like this as well. Can anyone comment?

Hi Howard,

NCL at one time had smoking and non-smoking cabins. They did away
with this option several years ago.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:36 AM
Delcia O'Connell

When I booked NCL Majesty cruise ,jan.2004 I asked about smoking
policy as I am smoker,was informed that there are smoking and
non-smoking cabins. Port side was smoking . As this was first cruise I
thought this was the policy or something like it for all cruise lines,
Am I wrong? My husband and I smoked only in designated areas. Some bars
had separate areas and some were non- smoking.
Delcia

Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:14 AM
Messy Chrissy

From: "clint"