new to the group with a few questions

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:56 AM
Tom & Linda

Default new to the group with a few questions

"RTCReferee" wrote in message
Howie wrote:

Used to be (lots of things) on the Norway, that there were actually
smoking and non-smoking cabins. Don't know whether other ships/lines
have this.

On the other hand, as I have said many times, I would be perfectly happy
to have smoking ships and non-smoking ships.

I have not suggested we cruise on separate ships, and I don't understand

why
you feel smokers and non-smokers should have their own ships, except that

you
know that the non-smokers are the likely losers, but the availability of a

good
portion of non-smoking cabins on a mainstream ship would be fair, don't

you
think?

NCL tried that several years ago. It didn't seem to work. Every time I
asked for a non-smoking cabin, there were none availabe on the sailings I
was looking at... but there were hundreds of smoking cabins available. To
get put into one of the smoking cabins was pretty disgusting.

--Tom

Old May 1st, 2004, 03:47 AM
RTCReferee

Howie wrote:

On the Norway it was half the cabins on the ship. One side smoking, the
other side non.

By the time I replied to Tom that NCL needed to increase the number of cabins
by "hundreds", I remembered that the Norwegian Sky was indeed half and half.
More than half the population does not smoke, so "hundreds" more cabins would
be a good guess.

We almost booked the Sky, but I couldn't get my mind around the thought of
cruising NCL just to have a smokefree cabin. I wanted to put my money where my
mouth was regarding having a smokefree cabin, but my mouth also wanted finer
food. ;-)
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:25 AM
Tom & Linda

Howie wrote:

On the Norway it was half the cabins on the ship. One side smoking, the
other side non.

By the time I replied to Tom that NCL needed to increase the number of

cabins
by "hundreds", I remembered that the Norwegian Sky was indeed half and

half.
More than half the population does not smoke, so "hundreds" more cabins

would
be a good guess.

We almost booked the Sky, but I couldn't get my mind around the thought of
cruising NCL just to have a smokefree cabin. I wanted to put my money

where my
mouth was regarding having a smokefree cabin, but my mouth also wanted

finer
food. ;-)

I was honestly impressed with the food on Norwegian Dawn last year. It was
my 3rd NCL sailing. And had by far the best food of the 3.

--Tom

Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:15 AM
Messy Chrissy

From: "clint"

Smoke em, if you got em!

Sgt Snorkel

Your really funny, Clint. You weren't missed, fool

Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
Messy Chrissy

From: "clint"

Smoke em, if you got em!

Sgt York

Yo, stupid, if it wasn't funny the first time, and it wasn't, only a moron like
you would post it again.

You be Sgt. Stupid and a half.

Are you a jew?