Aberystwyth

Old September 25th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Jerry and Ce

Default Aberystwyth

Recommendations, please, for a hotel on the seafront in Aberystwyth.
Quiet place preferred.
Thanks.
Old September 25th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Keith Anderson

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:35:24 +0100, "Jerry and Ce"
wrote:

Recommendations, please, for a hotel on the seafront in Aberystwyth.
Quiet place preferred.
Thanks.

Try:
http://www.marinehotelaberystwyth.co.uk/index.php

Quiet? No suh thing on Aberystwyth seafront - it's not people that
make the noise, but the seagulls who start their squwawking in the
early hours.

Have stayed there twice - reasonable rooms (not luxurious by any
means) but the full breakfast will keep you going for many, many
hours!

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old September 25th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Jerry and Ce

Thanks Keith.
Looks decent place, nice views.
Any more suggestions, anyone?

Jerry

"Keith Anderson" wrote in
message ...

Old September 26th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Keith Anderson

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:11:06 +0100, "Jerry and Ce"
wrote:

Thanks Keith.
Looks decent place, nice views.
Any more suggestions, anyone?

Jerry

Failing any other recommendations, here are some more places on the
Cardigan/Ceredigion approved list (the Marine Hotel is amongst them)
with some price comparisons. According to this site, the Marine Hotel
has refurbished the rooms. Last stayed there in November 2004)

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old September 26th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Keith Anderson

wrote:

Thanks Keith.
Looks decent place, nice views.
Any more suggestions, anyone?

Jerry

Failing any other recommendations, here are some more places on the
Cardigan/Ceredigion approved list (the Marine Hotel is amongst them)
with some price comparisons. According to this site, the Marine Hotel
has refurbished the rooms. Last stayed there in November 2004)

Duuuhhhhhh - would help if I posted the link!

http://tourism.ceredigion.gov.uk/lle...wyth_all_s.htm

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old September 26th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Jerry and Ce

Keith,
You are a top man.
Thanks.
Jerry

"Keith Anderson" wrote in
message ...

Old September 28th, 2005, 04:14 AM
pltrgyst

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:25:37 +0100, Keith Anderson
wrote:

Try:
http://www.marinehotelaberystwyth.co.uk/index.php

Quiet? No suh thing on Aberystwyth seafront - it's not people that
make the noise, but the seagulls who start their squwawking in the
early hours.

Have stayed there twice - reasonable rooms (not luxurious by any
means) but the full breakfast will keep you going for many, many
hours!

Seconded. My wife and I stayed there for two nights this past January, and
enjoyed it.

-- Larry

Old September 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Jerry and Ce

Thanks Larry, and again Keith.
Have now booked Marine.
Jerry

Old September 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Keith Anderson

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:18:47 +0100, "Jerry and Ce"
wrote:

Thanks Larry, and again Keith.
Have now booked Marine.
Jerry

Hope you enjoy your stay.

There's a good Indian restaurant at the old railway station in
Aberystwyth - (well, it was good when I was there last) - about 10
minutes walk from the Marine. At the time they were offering regional
specialities from different parts of India - so a bit different from
your average Indian place. There's also quite a large Somerfield
supermarket next to the station.

Don't know when you'll be there, but if you get the chance to take the
narrow-guage train to Devil's Bridge, I'd recommend it. It climbs up
the side of the Rheidol valley with some tremendous views - we (the
passengers) were enthralled, as we looked down on a red kite flying
over the treetops below us.

Give my regards to the squwawking seagulls!

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old September 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Jerry and Ce

Give my regards to the squwawking seagulls!

Will do, thanks for extra info.

Jerry