royal caribbean liquor

Old December 20th, 2006, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Default royal caribbean liquor

It is in the ship's contract that no liquor is to be brought aboard. It
can, and probably will be confiscated. fares on NCL are cheap and they
need the bar business to compensate.

Old December 21st, 2006, 05:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
USguy

Unless things have changed in the last two years, you can buy a bottle
on board and pay an extra $10 to take it to your room. Since there
aren't any taxes or duties on bottles you buy on board, the price
tends to be about the same on some and a touch more on others.

Don't sweat trying to hide that which you can just buy. On the other
hand, if you're looking for something for that send off, pack yourself
enough until you get out to open waters. Don't try to do it with a
carry on.

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:01:16 -0500, "sheree"
wrote:

a friend is going on their first cruise in 15 yrs xmas week on royal
caribbean out of miami. they couldn[t remember the name of the ship! maybe
the jewel they think.

anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way to
do so. in big suitcases, bubble wrap, ziploc etc (they can pack it after
their flight) or the carryon luggage. he just doesn't want a 1k bar bill at
the end of the week (and that's possible with only JD and various vodka
drinks) they're not cheap and are already spending a small fortune on
cruise (family of 5, 2 cabins, flights etc) and excursions and has no
problemw ith wine in the dining room etc but hates the idea of $5-7 for a
drink on his balcony.

not sure how RCI is about this type of thing
thanks

sheree

Old December 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

USguy wrote:
Unless things have changed in the last two years, you can buy a bottle
on board and pay an extra $10 to take it to your room.

They were no longer doing this the last time I sailed (in January).
We're leaving on the Brilliance in a few weeks and I'm happy to do the
field research to find out what the current deal is.

~ Peri
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff H

"Peri" wrote in message
They were no longer doing this the last time I sailed (in January). We're
leaving on the Brilliance in a few weeks and I'm happy to do the field
research to find out what the current deal is.

~ Peri

We've found the "current deal" can vary from week to week. We were on the
Vision for a 3 niter one year and were allowed to bring it back to your
cabin. It was reported here that you couldn't the week before.

We were on the Brilliance this year over Thanksgiving and couldn't. Last
year we couldn't on the Navigator and the year before that we couldn't on
the Brilliance.

Perhaps they've started to standardize their policy.

Jeff

Old January 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
USguy

My mistake. Yes, you are right -- it's no longer allowed on RCCL.