Buying liquor in bottles on Princess

Old December 25th, 2006, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default Buying liquor in bottles on Princess

NO1 we are AMERICANS!
"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
A 26 is the most common size that liquor used to come in in Canada. It is
26 fluid ounces, and approximately the same size as Americans call a
"fifth", which I presume is 1/5th of a gallon (American, not British).

Wouldn't it be great if everyone, world-wide, would switch to the almost
universal, and easiest to understand of any measuring system (METRIC). It
IS the way to go!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

"Don & Lynn" wrote in message
ink.net...
What does" a 26 of" mean, please?
Don

"Wayne J." wrote in message

"Shorty" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can one buy bottles in their duty free shop to use on board in the
cabins?

we buy ours at one of the lounges. Price was around $20 for a 26 of rum.
High compared to offshore in most places, but a heck of a lot cheaper
then buying one drink at a time. Combine it with a coke sticker and you
can get some savings. Only problem there is that you have to keep going
back to one of the bars to get a glass of coke.

Old December 25th, 2006, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Shorty wrote:
Can one buy bottles in their duty free shop to use on board in the
cabins?

Shorty, I quickly perused at ALL 10 of the follow-ups to your
question, and NONE addressed your question, and all promptly
went into the usual rec.travel.cruises Bull ****, headed by Clint
and the rest.

For Princess cruise ships, if you buy bottled liquor at duty free
shops, on board OR on at ports of call, the ship will keep it for
you (and you're not allowed to consume it) until you disembark.

I know that even as a non-drinker who doesn't even drink the
8 FREE mini-bottles and beer for our cabin, on every Princess
cruise.

As for Clint's "Friends of Bill", I am not sure if there's one, but
I know on almost every Princess cruise there is some
schedule of meetings for "Friends of Dr. Bob". since I AM
a Dr. Bob, but not THAT Dr. Bob.

I knew what it was all about, but I went to one of those
schedule meetings just to see WHO (I think Dr. Bob is
already dead G) would waste cruise time attending
those AA meetings. It turned out NOBODY showed up
:-) except me, though I am a non-drinker by choice but
NOT an anti-drinker for those who drink socially and
moderately.

Besides, a recent study (which was funded by our tax
money to Uncle Sam) concluded (on their tests of the
four-legged RATS) that drinking Bordeaux wine is
effective in reducing the incidents of heart diseases,
when the RATS were given a high dossage of the
chemical ingredient in said wine in the "controlled
study".

The results, when translated to HUMANS, was reported
by the newspaper article as well, was that a Man of
Average size will reduce their heart disease RISKS if
they drink 150 bottles of wine a DAY, everyday.

Hey, if someone CAN consume 150 bottles of wine,
even in a week, I don't think that person would care
whether his risk in heart disease is reduced or increased!

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 26th, 2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

Actually, I was always under the impression that a "fifth" of scotch was
actually 4/5 of a quart.

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old December 26th, 2006, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Ermalee wrote:
Isn't it 1/5 of a gallon? Is that the same thing?

Ermalee

BINGO! First piece of INFO I've seen in the group for some time.
See Measures of Volume in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_unit

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Jr. wrote:

Actually, I was always under the impression that a "fifth" of scotch was
actually 4/5 of a quart.

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old December 26th, 2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Von Fourche

"Jr." wrote in message
m...
Actually, I was always under the impression that a "fifth" of scotch was
actually 4/5 of a quart.

Don't know about measuring scotch but I do know any bar that doesn't
have Highland Park scotch is not worth going into.

Old December 26th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Reef Fish[_4_]

Default OT: On Scotch

Von Fourche wrote:
"Jr." wrote in message
m...
Actually, I was always under the impression that a "fifth" of scotch was
actually 4/5 of a quart.

Don't know about measuring scotch but I do know any bar that doesn't
have Highland Park scotch is not worth going into.

I don't drink.

But I do buy liquor as presents for friends.

Many years ago, there used to be only Johnny Walker Black (expensive)
and Johnny Walker Red (cheapie). But on browsing the duty-free shops
at airports, I've noticed two VERY expensive brands of Johnny Walker
Gold and Johnny Walker Blue:

http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/liquors/johnnywalker.htm

The page even included a Johnny Walker Green. What makes the
diference of a $14.99 Red and a $179,99 Blue (in sales prices)?

The Highland park 12-yr and 18-yr old blends are definitly
CHEAPIES compared to the Johnny Walker Blue.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old December 27th, 2006, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
Wouldn't it be great if everyone, world-wide, would switch to the almost
universal, and easiest to understand of any measuring system (METRIC). It
IS the way to go!

Noooooooooo, Tobie!!! Are we going to start this again?

--Jean ;-)

Old January 11th, 2007, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
USguy

Don't waste your money on the blue. The green is their best scotch
and it's reasonably priced. If you can't get a good single malt, you
should settle for the green.

On 25 Dec 2006 22:05:43 -0800, "Reef Fish"
wrote:

Von Fourche wrote:
m...