Queen Mary - Discovery Channel

Old April 29th, 2004, 07:16 PM
villa deauville

Default Queen Mary - Discovery Channel

On the Discovery Channel at 8.00 pm Eastern Time there is a program
being shown under the heading Queen Mary 2, Birth of a Legend.
It is a new show denoted by the (N) after the title

SUNNY........... Enjoy

S'nd I
XXX

Old April 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Wanda Lust

Program is also repeated tonight at 11 pm and again on Saturday at 12 pm

Old April 29th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"villa deauville" wrote in message
On the Discovery Channel at 8.00 pm Eastern Time there is a program
being shown under the heading Queen Mary 2, Birth of a Legend.
It is a new show denoted by the (N) after the title

Thanks, Sunny!

--Jean

Old April 30th, 2004, 03:07 AM
RICK DAVIS

I thought it was a good show. I enjoyed watching it.

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:47 PM
JBDarmo

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
I thought it was a good show. I enjoyed watching it.

I thought that it was a great show! It showed a lot of behind the scenes
stories. Thanks Sunny

Joe----Conquest on Halloween!

Old April 30th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Heather

I thought it was a good show. I enjoyed watching it.

Ditto. "The only ship to use three BT's (a total of six)"....interesting, but I
beg to differ unless they are only counting passenger ships. In addition, I
feel the Mermaid buying habits of Carnival Corp was a factor in the choice of
running gear for this build. I have never been a big fan of self contained
EPD's on a Cruiser or a Liner, so it will be interesting to see what kind of a
service record accrues as a result of the option. I think the highlight of the
program for me, was seeing this yard's use of ACP/AFP layering techniques tied
with the loss of the "unique" BTD on her virgin trials.

-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://members.aol.com/nookeybear/index1.htm
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:32 PM
E.k.R.

I very much enjoyed it and even taped the program. There were a few errors
such as reporting that "QM2 is the first green ship", and that "QM2 is the
first passenger ship with three bow thrusters". Those statements are just
false.
If you enjoyed this program, be sure to view a similar program about the
building of VOYAGER OF THE SEAS which I personally found even more
enjoyable. It seemed VOYAGER had more challenges during her building, with
the first floating ice skating rink, the long Royal Promenade with massive
fire doors, not to mention one of the first passenger ships to utilize
Azipods (and three at that). The special on VOYAGER really showcased those
challenges as well as the many design issues.

Both specials are certainly "must-haves" for any ship lover.

Ernie

Old April 30th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Heather

I very much enjoyed it and even taped the program. There were a few errors
such as reporting that "QM2 is the first green ship"

Correct me if I am in error, as the exact narrative escapes me, but my
recollection is that it was stated that the Liner is "a" greenie, not "the
first" one.

and that "QM2 is the
first passenger ship with three bow thrusters"

As I have pointed out before you. Although, again, I am not sure of the wording
in regards to "first used" on "Ship", "Liner" or "Passenger". And as my husband
will tell you, scripts are often corrected on VO's on shows that use edits from
prior ones....so we will see if the information is corrected on upcoming (which
there will no doubt be) shows that make mention of QM2 specs.

Old April 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
E.k.R.

"Heather" wrote in message

Correct me if I am in error, as the exact narrative escapes me, but my
recollection is that it was stated that the Liner is "a" greenie, not "the
first" one.

No, I recall the narration stating "first green ship", or something to that
effect which caught my attention.

and that "QM2 is the
first passenger ship with three bow thrusters"

As I have pointed out before you.

I didn't read your post, but it doesn't really matter who said it first.
And yes, again I believe the words "first" were most certainly used. Again,
a false statement.

I have it taped so when I watch it again I will listen carefully.

Ernie

Old May 1st, 2004, 01:32 AM
Heather

I have it taped so when I watch it again I will listen carefully.

Interesting......prolly wasn't a mistake after all....sounds like PR BS to me.
Once again: QM2 is NOT the first greenie and is NOT the first to have more than
two BT's.