Solar Eclipse on Friday, April 8th

Old March 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Becca

Default Solar Eclipse on Friday, April 8th

If you are cruising to Panama, Colombia or Venezuela on April the 8th,
you will see a full solar eclipse. Even in the Caribbean, you will
still see a partial eclipse. It should be between 2:30pm and 5:00.

In the US, a partial eclipse will be visible. The line is from southern
New Jersey to San Diego. Everyone below that line should see the partial
eclipse.

In Houston, where I live, it will be at 4:17pm.

Phoenix 2:30
Memphis 4:30
Albuquerque 3:39
Miami 5:20
Philadelphia 6:07

Becca -----making a note on my calendar...
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:00 PM
LES!

"Becca" wrote

| If you are cruising to Panama, Colombia or Venezuela on April the 8th,
| you will see a full solar eclipse. Even in the Caribbean, you will
| still see a partial eclipse. It should be between 2:30pm and 5:00.
|
| In the US, a partial eclipse will be visible. The line is from southern
| New Jersey to San Diego. Everyone below that line should see the partial
| eclipse.

Thanx, Becca! I'll be at sea that day! That'll make up for no full moon this
time. ;-)

LES!

Old March 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Howie

aw becca, thanx for the info.

howie - loves celestial events

Old March 29th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Becca

LES! wrote:

Thanx, Becca! I'll be at sea that day! That'll make up for no full moon this
time. ;-)

LES!

This is great news, Les, I am so happy for you. If I did not have to
work I would join you.

Becca -----hoping Les has a fantastic cruise...

Old March 29th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Becca

Howie wrote:
aw becca, thanx for the info.

Howie, you may remember when the four of us cruised on the Ocean
Princess and we saw the Geminid meteor showers. It was spectacular. I
stood on the balcony and watched, but I could not get Sammy out of the
bed to see it.

Becca -----it is wonderful to watch the stars when you are at sea...