Katrina: A response to the vultures of the left

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:28 PM
John Rennie

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...
..ridiculous claim about the long queues outside Australian
hospitals. There are not such queues just as there are not similar
fantasy queues outside Britain's NHS hospitals.
John Rennie

If the Australian and Brit socialized medicine schemes are the panacea
you are spinning, The Canadians could sure use your help with theirs.

I'm not a spinning a panacea, I'm telling you that you are a bloody liar
and as you refuse to react against my accusation you are also gutless.

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Euro

PJ O'Donovan wrote:
we ALL know that you are lying
about your Australian safari
John Rennie

You are the liar. Show evidence where I claimed I went on an Australian
"safari".

You were a proven liar in your exchange with Susie concerning the Brit
Muslims celebrating 911 and you are merely again proving yourself to be
a pathological liar.

You do sound like James Noles at times.

Euro

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:33 PM
John Rennie

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...
we ALL know that you are lying
about your Australian safari
John Rennie

You are the liar. Show evidence where I claimed I went on an Australian
"safari".

You were a proven liar in your exchange with Susie concerning the Brit
Muslims celebrating 911 and you are merely again proving yourself to be
a pathological liar.

Anything that is proven in your eyes is immediatetly suspect.
There were NO street demonstrations in Britain commemorating 9/11. Susan
wasn't lying she was merely mistaken. She mistook the queues outside a
mosque that DID hold a celebration of that event for a demonstration outside
it. But then again rightwingers do get mixed up about queues.

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Mr Q. Z. Diablo

In article ,
"John Rennie" wrote:

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...
..ridiculous claim about the long queues outside Australian
hospitals. There are not such queues just as there are not similar
fantasy queues outside Britain's NHS hospitals.
John Rennie

If the Australian and Brit socialized medicine schemes are the panacea
you are spinning, The Canadians could sure use your help with theirs.

I'm not a spinning a panacea, I'm telling you that you are a bloody liar
and as you refuse to react against my accusation you are also gutless.

If I have a problem I go to the local bulk-billing medical centre and
have it sorted out. The small one at the end of the street has a queue
length of about 45 minutes if you don't make an appointment. The one at
the local shopping centre will have you seen inside 5 minutes for an
extra 10 minutes' walk. I have no private health insurance not for
financial reasons but as a matter of principle, BTW. What is there to
spin?

Note to self: abandon principle and get private health insurance - it's
a good tax dodge as the government is propping up a lame-duck example of
private enterprise with tax breaks and subsidies.

--
Mr Q. Z. D.
Remove luncheonmeat (truncheon) to reply.
Old September 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
John Rennie

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 04:40:16 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net
wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

Does it matter? The government does spend for such things. Once
it says it is going to it should follow through. In the law, if
you or I make a promise and the other party relies on it, and we
reneg, the other party has a cause of action.

Historically, the U.S. Army Engineers have been responsible
for navigable waterways in the continental U.S. - the
Mississippi has always qualified as one, SFAIK.

Yep. Back in the early 30's when my parents got married my dad had a WPA
job working to build one of the lock and dams on the Mississippi on the
Iowa - Illinois border...

The US Army Corps of Engineers did and still do control things on the
entire
course of the Mississippi River, they are actually unsung heroes who have
contributed *much* to the stability of life in the USA...

Their works have also arguably made flooding worse by restricting
the flow of the river forcing it to flow even higher. In the
flooes on the Ohio River in the early 1960s a large subdivison
southeas of Louisville was flooded although it had been elevated
above the 1948 flood level; that particualr flood should not have
flooded the subdivision, but the Corps had done work that raised
the water even higher.

The many dams in the watershed of the Mississippi that trap silt
are responsible for the shrinking delta below New Orleans
removing some of that city's protection from hurricanes.

The Corps is now spending a lot of money trying to correct the
damage done by the canals it built around Lake Okeechobee in
Florida, with the Everglades also suffering.

Not to mention, of course, that the public along the Misissippi
has come to rely on the many levess and floodwalls the Corps has
constructed, so that when they fail (and they do eventually fail)
the damage is even worse.

The Corps has done some good work, but not everyone will want to
grant them "unsung hero" status.

What they did was what they were told to do and they did it well. The
building of dams in general is now under fire. The Aswan Dam virtually
'disappeared' Nubia and the Three Gorges Dam is doing the same for two
million probably more Chinese as well as flooding some of China's most
historical sites. Its ecological impact will be immense and unpredictable.
We interfere with nature at our peril but it's taken most of the 20th
Century to realise something our forefathers absorbed with their mothers'
milk.

Old September 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM
John Rennie

"DDT Filled Mormons" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:12:20 +0100, "John Rennie"
wrote:

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
groups.com...
You don't just casually
drive up to Cape York for one!

DFM

Took 6 weeks to drive casually Melbourne to Cairns, asshole. Got off
the highway and stayed couple days in many towns on the way. Spent a
few days in Manly and took ferry from there to spend some time in
Sydney again. Spent some days in lovely Noosa, skipped Surfers Paradise
and Brisbane on the way. Have returned to Noosa 3 times in a beautiful
condo across from the beach since then we liked it so much. Stayed
over a week in Cairns before going back to Honolulu. Yes, Quantas had
direct flights then, if they don't now. Took day trips from Cairns to
Kuranda/ Atherton tablelands, Port Douglas for day boat excursion to
Barrier Reef and drove up to southern part of York peninsula to see
rain forests on another day. I am not suicidal, asshole , and didn't go
all the way up.

On another Australian trip, we flew to Ayers Rock and since it was Feb,
it was hot as hell and didn't climb the rock,( Uluru?- I'm sure the old
lady here will correct my "nomenclature' if it is wrong). Just looked
at the rock
from the beautiful hotel there and drove out to the base on a day tour.
Some
asshole Kraut on one of the many group tours there dropped dead
climbing it that day. We were there several days and the group tours
are a nuisance. One day all Germans, the next day all Japanese and
finally all Americans from CA area who were the worst.

We then took a greyhound bus to Alice Springs which I thought was
really neat and would love to go back but i will not have a camel meat
burger again.

All made up and we know it. The reason why we ALL know that you are
lying
about your Australian safari is that
ridiculous claim about the long queues outside Australian hospitals.
There
are not such queues just as there are not similar fantasy queues outside
Britain's NHS hospitals. You're a liar and that's something that you just
can't get over.

The bull**** detector blew another globe on that last one. How sad do
you have to be to make this crap up?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Er? Me or him?

Old September 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Gregory Morrow

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:10:10 GMT, "Mr Q. Z. Diablo"
wrote:

In article ,
DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

On 8 Sep 2005 12:01:38 -0700, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:

In my first encounter with PJ he told me that he drove up the east
coast of Oz, and 'noticed' that all the public hospitals had queues of
people outside, and the private ones did not. From this he QED'd that
public health cannot work.
DFM

The massive queues I saw at public hospitals in town after town,
driving from Melboune to Cape York in 88 was offered as an anecdotal
observation.

Utter bull****. No such queues have ever existed.

He must have driven up during Stand Outside a Public Hospital Week".
What a prize tool.

I reposted another part of our exchange posted in 2003 documenting

that
the public health care system in Australia may not be the panacea some
here are trying to advance as part of their political agenda.

This has nothing to do with any political agenda. It has to do with
you telling incredibly obvious bull****.

You do realise that "PJ" has never been anywhere near Australia, yes?

That would not surprise me one little bit. You don't just casually
drive up to Cape York for one!

Well, you *do* have to admit that PJ's rubbish is rather fun to read ;-p

--
Best
Greg

Old September 9th, 2005, 08:51 PM

In article ,
says...
wrote:

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
roups.com...
You don't just casually
drive up to Cape York for one!

DFM

Took 6 weeks to drive casually Melbourne to Cairns, asshole. Got off
the highway and stayed couple days in many towns on the way. Spent a
few days in Manly and took ferry from there to spend some time in
Sydney again.

Would Manly be one of the "towns" you stayed in then?

Spent some days in lovely Noosa, skipped Surfers Paradise
and Brisbane on the way. Have returned to Noosa 3 times in a beautiful
condo across from the beach since then we liked it so much. Stayed
over a week in Cairns before going back to Honolulu. Yes, Quantas had
direct flights then, if they don't now. Took day trips from Cairns to
Kuranda/ Atherton tablelands, Port Douglas for day boat excursion to
Barrier Reef and drove up to southern part of York peninsula to see
rain forests on another day. I am not suicidal, asshole , and didn't go
all the way up.

Why would you have to be suicidal, PJ? I've done the Cairns to Cooktown
run about half a dozen times and Cairns to Weipa more times than that
(takes about 8 hours to 2 days, depending on the weather), not to
mention haring around the Cape on casual weekend fishing trips when I
was at Weipa. I was never menaced by blackfellas or attacked by
crocodiles once. Mind you, I'm not congenitally stupid, so your wife
probably made the right decision for you.

[...]

Don't be too hard on poor PJ; he's completely lost without a Party
directive and can't help but make a **** of himself.
--
Cheers,
Craig