Katrina: A response to the vultures of the left

Old September 9th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Go Fig

Hatunen wrote:
On 8 Sep 2005 10:38:17 -0700, "Go Fig" wrote:

You should look at the U.S. Constitution, the primary obligation of the
Fed is Defence, they need no State approval to move to defend from a
foreign enemy... a U.S.Federal military personnel has NO ability to
arrest a citizen... only State National guard (not Federalized) can
undertake this type law enforcement... they are not protecting or
enforcing U.S. Constitutional Civil Rights... as was the case 60 years
ago in Alabama.

Everyone in the United States has the right to make arrests.

Not under the Color of Authority.

jay
Thu Sep 08, 2005

Old September 9th, 2005, 12:36 AM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 8 Sep 2005 12:01:38 -0700, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:

In my first encounter with PJ he told me that he drove up the east
coast of Oz, and 'noticed' that all the public hospitals had queues of
people outside, and the private ones did not. From this he QED'd that
public health cannot work.
DFM

The massive queues I saw at public hospitals in town after town,
driving from Melboune to Cape York in 88 was offered as an anecdotal
observation.

Utter bull****. No such queues have ever existed.

I reposted another part of our exchange posted in 2003 documenting that
the public health care system in Australia may not be the panacea some
here are trying to advance as part of their political agenda.

This has nothing to do with any political agenda. It has to do with
you telling incredibly obvious bull****.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:15 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hatunen wrote:

Does it matter? The government does spend for such things. Once
it says it is going to it should follow through. In the law, if
you or I make a promise and the other party relies on it, and we
reneg, the other party has a cause of action.

Historically, the U.S. Army Engineers have been responsible
for navigable waterways in the continental U.S. - the
Mississippi has always qualified as one, SFAIK.

Old September 9th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Gregory Morrow

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

Does it matter? The government does spend for such things. Once
it says it is going to it should follow through. In the law, if
you or I make a promise and the other party relies on it, and we
reneg, the other party has a cause of action.

Historically, the U.S. Army Engineers have been responsible
for navigable waterways in the continental U.S. - the
Mississippi has always qualified as one, SFAIK.

Yep. Back in the early 30's when my parents got married my dad had a WPA
job working to build one of the lock and dams on the Mississippi on the
Iowa - Illinois border...

The US Army Corps of Engineers did and still do control things on the entire
course of the Mississippi River, they are actually unsung heroes who have
contributed *much* to the stability of life in the USA...

--
Best
Greg

Old September 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
John Rennie

"Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote in
message ink.net...

Hatunen wrote:

[...]

I believe they were responsible for the Tennessee Valley project? Elect
tricity as Woody Guthrie sang.

Old September 9th, 2005, 10:45 AM
John Rennie

"DDT Filled Mormons" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:10:10 GMT, "Mr Q. Z. Diablo"
wrote:

In article ,
DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

On 8 Sep 2005 12:01:38 -0700, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:

In my first encounter with PJ he told me that he drove up the east
coast of Oz, and 'noticed' that all the public hospitals had queues of
people outside, and the private ones did not. From this he QED'd that
public health cannot work.
DFM

The massive queues I saw at public hospitals in town after town,
driving from Melboune to Cape York in 88 was offered as an anecdotal
observation.

Utter bull****. No such queues have ever existed.

He must have driven up during Stand Outside a Public Hospital Week".
What a prize tool.

I reposted another part of our exchange posted in 2003 documenting that
the public health care system in Australia may not be the panacea some
here are trying to advance as part of their political agenda.

This has nothing to do with any political agenda. It has to do with
you telling incredibly obvious bull****.

You do realise that "PJ" has never been anywhere near Australia, yes?

That would not surprise me one little bit. You don't just casually
drive up to Cape York for one!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

PJ will now google Cape York and tell us all about his four wheel drive
humvee and the amount of bush walking he did.
He works hard at his lying. I, however, have climbed Ayers Rock when it
was still called Ayers Rock and Mr D hasn't.

Old September 9th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Mr Q. Z. Diablo

In article ,
"John Rennie" wrote:

"DDT Filled Mormons" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 23:10:10 GMT, "Mr Q. Z. Diablo"
wrote:

In article ,
DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

[...]

And I never shall, not being interested in inverted holes in the ground
or 45 degree heat. Going to a complete wasteland does not imbue in one
any kind of superiority, John. I'm glad that you are well travelled and
I'm happy that it makes you feel big and clever but I prefer not to
visit places that are best left alone. If it's not a city then I'm not
interested. I'm sure that there are people who regard Butt****, Western
Australia as an interesting place but I'm afraid that I can't be counted
in their number, despite having never been there.

It's still called Ayers Rock, BTW. Political correctness be damned.

--
Mr Q. Z. D.
Remove luncheonmeat (truncheon) to reply.