American Toilets

Old December 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

Default American Toilets

The typical home in the States has 2 toilets. Almost all
have a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a bathtub
with a shower included. Many have an additional half-bath
which is a toilet and a sink. So you will see homes for
sale with 1 bath, 1-1/2 bath. 2 bath, etc. In my travels
outside of North America, I have always found the toilets
to be preferrable. There are two types of U.S. Toilets:
with tank and tankless. The tankless toilets are far better
and do not require the trusty plungers.

My only criticism of the Australian bathroom is the
stand-alone, rim-less shower that is beveled toward the
drain in the corner. While it is an exceptionally good
use of space and makes rinsing the bathroom floor much
more efficient, I'm use to taking a shower in a tub so
that I can soak my feet while showering.

Dick
- If you want aa preview of Heaven, visit North Carolina.

Old December 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Why_is_everyone_so_cruel

"Runge13" wrote in message
Very interesting...so what ?

Another Kenny wannabe?

Old December 26th, 2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Qanset

Dick Adams wrote:
The typical home in the States has 2 toilets. Almost all
have a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a bathtub
with a shower included. Many have an additional half-bath
which is a toilet and a sink. So you will see homes for
sale with 1 bath, 1-1/2 bath. 2 bath, etc. In my travels
outside of North America, I have always found the toilets
to be preferrable. There are two types of U.S. Toilets:
with tank and tankless. The tankless toilets are far better
and do not require the trusty plungers.

My only criticism of the Australian bathroom is the
stand-alone, rim-less shower that is beveled toward the
drain in the corner. While it is an exceptionally good
use of space and makes rinsing the bathroom floor much
more efficient, I'm use to taking a shower in a tub so
that I can soak my feet while showering.

I have owned two houses where there was a Shower installed over the
bath, encircled by a shower curtain. It sames on space, expense and
definitely easier to keep clean. Shower cabinets are too expensive to
install and harder to keep clean, not to mention the valuable space they
waste.