Planning a trip

Old July 11th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Mildred Savalier

Default Planning a trip

My husband and I are planning a trip for Jan 16 to the 23 or maybe 26th of
2005.
In order to make it work it has to be CHEAP! Really Cheap!
We want Caribbean or similar beachfront all-inclusive. We love to snorkel
see the sights and lay on the beach.
A resort with entertainment is a plus. Some kids are fine as long as its not
All kids. We are in are mid 40's and will depart from Boston's Logan Airport
although Manchester NH is doable.
We have been to Mexico the Bahamas and St Lucia so maybe a different island
would be best.
I would love to hear any and all ideas or opinions.
This NG has been slow lately so maybe we can get people talking?

Thanks

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

Old July 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Robert Kozubal

You might want to look into Sunset Beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We
spent a couple of nights there last September. It's a nice resort for
the money. The resort does permit kids, but at that time of year I doubt
that you would see many.

Old July 12th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Mildred Savalier

What are your thoughts and or opinions about safety and crime in Jamaica?
My husband and I love to wander about and have been told that Jamaica can be
dangerous.

Old July 13th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Robert Kozubal

I think that if you stay in the tourist areas, you will be fine. For
the most part, the Jamaican people are friendly and I can honestly say
that I've never felt threatened in any of my eight trips to the island
(just booked my 9th for this September). Most, if not all of the resorts
have security 24 hr security. If you do venture away from the resort
alone or with a small group, be prepared to approached by locals
offering to sell you just about anything under the sun. Usually a polite
"No Thank You" will send them on their way. Many of the shopping areas
don't permit locals on the premises for that reason. As for tours, its
usually best to go with a tour company. All of the resorts have tour
desks, or if you do some research, you can find independent tour
operators on the internet that sometimes offer better prices or more
custom tours. If you want to go somewhere "off the beaten path", have
the resort call a taxi for you or give you a list of approved taxi
services. You should be able to negotiate a fare directly with the
driver.

Overall, just use common sense like you would anywhere else and you
should be fine.

Have Fun!
Bob

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Marley1964

Why don't you try Negril Inn.It is a small quaint resort in
Jamaica.Right near the beach and very few children. I feel very safe
traveling to Jamaica-I am in my 30's and female.

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Marley1964

Old July 15th, 2004, 12:07 AM
VacuumHead

I heard Negril is awesome. Nicer and more relaxed than Mo'Bay. Less
people, lots of fun. After Europe, the Caribbean may be my next stop.
And my top picks there so far a Aruba, the Cayman Islands, Negril,
and Cancun. My parents go to St. Maarten once a year and enjoy that
place also.