reconfirming flights?

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Kim Dyer

Default reconfirming flights?

The airline called me and gave me the new departure and check-in time.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually being called by the

airline with schedule change info.

I was called once. Remember, this was before 9/11 and security checks were
shorter. Conversation went something like this ...

*ring*
Me: hullo?
NWA: Ms. Dyer?
Me: yeah
NWA: Ms. Dyer, your 7:30am flight has been cancelled.
Me: Uh? OK. What are the options here?
NWA: Well, (embarassed pause) we do have a flight leaving at 5:30am that we
have room on ... that way you'd make your connection.
Me: What time is it now?
NWA: Umm. (embarassed pause) 4:00am.
Me: Lessee. I'm packed already, and I think I can make it to the airport in
45 minutes, so yeah. I think I can make that. Thanks for the call.
NWA: Thank YOU ...
*click*

Yes, I did thank them for waking me at 4:00am. They were polite and I made
everything just fine. I was glad there wasn't much traffic, but was impressed
they called. American would have had me discover this at the airport, and THEN
told me about how I could have been on that earlier flight.

-- Kimbis

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM
mrtravel

Kim Dyer wrote:
\

Yes, I did thank them for waking me at 4:00am. They were polite and I made
everything just fine. I was glad there wasn't much traffic, but was impressed
they called. American would have had me discover this at the airport, and THEN
told me about how I could have been on that earlier flight.

AA calls me about such things.