Upgrades

Old September 12th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Jason Hobbs King

Default Upgrades

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 01:39:30 +0100, "Christopher Hay"
wrote:

I'm travelling with my wife back home to Oz from the UK on 10th Oct flying
with SQ from MAN going via SIN and into SYD. Now, I have already got my
tickets which I paid £630 (exc taxes)pp back in May for. My question is, how
hard is it to get an upgrade whether free or if I paid for it for the whole
flight or just a 1 way portion of it? Would being a SQ Frequent flyer
program member (albeit with 0 miles as this is 1st flight with them) be of
any help to my question?

Unless you're at the higher levels of membership with SQ FF, the
prospect of getting upgraded is virtually zero. If there are upgrades
to be had, these are the people SQ will want to 'reward'.

British Airways was/is having a sale to Australia where you can
upgrade to Premium Economy (World Traveller Plus) which on a sector
basis. Admitedly this isn't Business Class, but it's a small step up
and out of the standard Economy (World Traveller) cabin.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old September 18th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Christopher Hay

wrote:

[...]

BA couldn't accomodate my schedule. SQ could.

BA or QF kept telling me the 1200 LHR departure was full over 10 mths from
flight date which I now know is false as I can now get that flight whenI
check but as I wasn't paying for the flights I had to buy them and then be
reimburssed by my family. I didn't want to lose a sort off direct flight
from the north of England.

Chris