Do I need a Photo ID driving licence?

Old January 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
William South

Default Do I need a Photo ID driving licence?

I read that in OZ you must carry your driving license all the time you
are driving. Also it must be of the photo ID type. Well, older driving
licenses in the UK (like mine) don't have photos on.

If I carry my passport with me as well as my licence, will that be ok?

I don't have time now to send off my licence to get the new photo ID
type

Old January 28th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Spammy Sammy

"William South" wrote in message
ups.com...
I read that in OZ you must carry your driving license all the time you
are driving. Also it must be of the photo ID type. Well, older driving
licenses in the UK (like mine) don't have photos on.

If I carry my passport with me as well as my licence, will that be ok?

I don't have time now to send off my licence to get the new photo ID
type

You will be ok, however most places won't value it as any useful form of ID
though.
For driving purposes, accompanied by your passport, it will do.

Old February 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM
William South

I was going to apply for one but I thought they might keep my current
driving license too long and I'd be travelling with no license at all.

Thanks

Old February 20th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Gordon

no you do not need a Photo ID driving licence. If you have your
passport you will be ok

Don in Sydney
Old February 20th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Scotty

For where? I think that in Both NZ and Aus a photo licence is prefered but
with suitable passport Im sure that would be okay. Call them directly or
email them for 100% answer. "Land transport" in NZ and "Transport Dept" in
Oz.

om...