Li River Substitute?

Old December 5th, 2003, 02:24 AM
BIW

Default Li River Substitute?

Hi,

I am going to China in July for the first time and want to go down the
Li River (near Guilin). However, I hear that it is extremely touristy
and I want to avoid that. Does anyone know of a beautiful, quiet river
where one could get off every few miles and visit villages?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Old December 9th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Rod

BIW wrote:
Hi,

I am going to China in July for the first time and want to go down the
Li River (near Guilin). However, I hear that it is extremely touristy
and I want to avoid that. Does anyone know of a beautiful, quiet river
where one could get off every few miles and visit villages?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Far more interesting to walk along the Li river, did this last year and
much better than the cruise.
Stay in Yangshao and check these links out
Li river
http://www.yangshuo.chinabackpacker.com/trails.htm
and two other walks on the Yulong river
http://www.yangshuo.chinabackpacker.com/trail2.htm