Fort Lauderdale airport screeners charged with stealing from baggage

Old June 30th, 2004, 09:33 PM
OcnGypZ

Default Fort Lauderdale airport screeners charged with stealing from baggage

Subject: Fort Lauderdale airport screeners charged with stealing from
baggage

Ray:

I normally fly USAir into and out of FLL.
I check curbside (unless I'm sailing with Celebrity) The scanner for checked
luggage is right there.

When I was told my carryon needed to be checked because they could not identify
something, I stood at the table and watched the gal unpack.. and then repack my
carryon. Nothing left my sight.

Gee.. maybe it's all the" cut-zees".....the FC air pax who have their
valuables lifted???

Babette
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
Candy

Don't get me started! The insurance company compensated me for the
camera & accessories, but I will never get back the photos on the chip.
I should have known better, Lee... once when flying to Aruba, several
new outfits (still had the tags on) and two cartons of cigarettes were
stolen.

Candy -- 4+ months 'til I have to worry about THAT again

Lee Lindquist wrote:
I forgot to add -- I wonder which one of them is enjoying
Candy B's camera...

Old July 1st, 2004, 02:11 AM
Candy

A couple of years ago after Jim went through the scanner, wallet in
hand, he was asked to remove his shoes. One of the security guys
grabbed the wallet out of his hand and ran towards a distant scanner.
When we ran after him, he explained "it had to be scanned again". BS.
I don't know if I trust any of them.

Candy -- keeps her eyes on everyone

Gayle A Kortright wrote:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. How people can be so dumb is
beyond me. I never pack anything valuable in my checked luggage. And
we watch the carryone screenings like a hawk! Luckily, we've never had
a problem in all our travels.

Gayle

On 30 Jun 2004, OcnGypZ wrote:

What really amazes me are the people who pack things like cash.. in a
suitcase....and of course, people who don't watch these TSA people like a hawk
during the carryon bag screenings.

Babette

Old July 1st, 2004, 02:15 AM
Candy

Last month we checked our locked bags curbside and waited for them to
check it through. The scanner guy wiped our bags down and said it was
OK to go. The bags arrived at our destination untouched.

Candy -- still locks her bags

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

On 30 Jun 2004 15:00:45 GMT, (OcnGypZ) wrote:

What really amazes me are the people who pack things like cash.. in a
suitcase....and of course, people who don't watch these TSA people like a hawk
during the carryon bag screenings.

Hi Babette,

I agree with you about what folks pack. The stories that I have read
indicated that this was checked baggage. If I recall correctly, you
do not see the checked baggage screening process at FLL. If I am
mistaken, I hope someone corrects me.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old July 1st, 2004, 02:34 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:11:30 GMT, Candy
wrote:

When we ran after him, he explained "it had to be scanned again". BS.

Hi Candy,

This is very common. Nothing unusual. They almost always re-scan my
wallet.

Old July 1st, 2004, 12:12 PM
Howie

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

This is very common. Nothing unusual. They almost always re-scan my
wallet.

Ever optimistic; I like that, Ray.

Howie

Old July 1st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:46:18 GMT, Candy
wrote:

Have they snatched it and hurried across the room out of your sight?

Hi Candy,

They went to the other side of the scanning machine and it has not
been in my eyesight.

Old July 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Charles

In article t, Kurt
Ullman wrote:

I have NEVER had that happen.

Me either. Wonder what would be in a wallet to cause that.

--
Charles