Recommendation of Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:48 PM
Laura Billmers

Just two weeks ago we stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper before our
cruise. Very very convenient to the airport, the cruise port, the water
taxi....on the beach, etc. I recommend it. (WE got an AARP discount.)

Mike Cordelli wrote:

I've liked the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, near the ships, right on the beach,
etc. The prices are all over the place, so if you don't like the rates you
are seeing call and see if they have any specials or anything.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
m...

Sorry, I know this has been a topic that has been discussed before, but at
the time I was not going, so I did not save the information...;-( If

you

have stayed in a hotel for a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that you
especially liked, please let me know, as we need to book one in
mid-January...
Thanks!

--Jean

Old December 24th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Bill

I've used Embassy Suites a couple of times & it's always been a great
experience -- the van service to the ship & pick up after the cruise is a
nice feature -- additionally, if my flight back is late, the hotel lets us
use the pool, etc until it was time for them to take us to the airport --
tough to financially quantify all this, but it's a lot -- and a beautiful
hotel !!

Bill
"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message
I agree whole heartedly with "kuki". I have used Priceline about 6 times in
Fort Lauderdale, always bidding for a 3 star and sometimes being put in a
4
star and have not been disappointed. If I had my choice for a pre-cruise,
would chose the Embassy Suites. But all the hotels we have been assigned
via
Priceline have been very good. And the savings are tremendous.

--
Greg
lid

"kuki" wrote in message
Highly recommend using Priceline for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Bid

"resort"
in downtown zone, for around $100 and you'll get Marriott Harbor Beach
(outstanding property), bid slightly less for 4 star and you'll get the
Hyatt Pier 66 or Renaissance, bid 3 star (around $70) and you'll get
Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites or Renaissance.

All of these are fine hotels, in excellent locations, close to the pier.

We are staying at the Marriott Marina, Jan 26-29.. $70/night. Hard to
beat
that price for a quality hotel.

--
Regards,
Kuki

Old December 24th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Gregory C. Read

I agree. On one of our cruises we stayed there after the cruise and our four
companions (who had late flights that day) came back to the Embassy Suites
with us. When we arrived, I asked if they could stow their luggage until
later in the day. Not only was that ok, the desk clerk told us ALL to go
have the free breakfast, use the pool and for them to use the airport
shuttle later that afternoon. Needless to say, our friends were duly
impressed and hope to stay there in April.

And yes, financially you have to include these free services. Especially the
full "order as you like 'em breakfast". Also, the free cocktail hour each
night between 5:00 and I think 7:00 PM.

It's also very convenient to shopping and numerous restaurants. This is why
I would rather stay there than any of the 4 star hotels for the same price.

Old December 24th, 2004, 01:57 AM
galred60

I like the Marriott Marina. The tower has rooms overlooking the port.
The rooms have a nice size balcony that makes for great watching as the
ships enter the port. It is also on the water taxi route.

Gordon

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Tom & Linda

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
We used EMBASSY SUITES,very nice hotel,and very good restaurant,it also
included breakfast,but that was about 6 years ago.
surfer e2468

Some people were saying the Embassy Suites had gotten shabby over the years.
Though that's second hand info.

--Tom

Old December 24th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Brian K

On 12/23/2004 11:43 AM Jean O'Boyle plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:

Sorry, I know this has been a topic that has been discussed before, but at
the time I was not going, so I did not save the information...;-( If you
have stayed in a hotel for a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that you
especially liked, please let me know, as we need to book one in
mid-January...
Thanks!

--Jean

Jean, I like the Sheraton Yankee Trader. Free shuttle service to the
port or airport is one reason. Shula's on the Beach is right in the
hotel. A block south is Casablanca Cafe a top notch restaurant. The
chef "retired" from a major restaurant in New York. The food and
service is excellent. Hotel rooms in the Trader are very quiet,
especially in the South Tower. There is a 24 hr deli in the hotel and
an elevated walkway from the pool to the beach. It is within walking
distance of the Bahama Hotel which sometimes has live jazz at night, and
a great Sunday Brunch. The hotel itself is Spring-Broken so I wouldn't
suggest it as a place to stay. The Trader is also walking distance to
Ocean Place. We stayed on the penthouse floor in the south tower at the
Yankee Trader. The view was really something. The beds have pillow top
mattresses and a plush yet supportive feel.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old December 24th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Ermalee

kuki wrote:

Highly recommend using Priceline for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Bid "resort"
in downtown zone, for around $100 and you'll get Marriott Harbor Beach
(outstanding property), bid slightly less for 4 star and you'll get the
Hyatt Pier 66 or Renaissance, bid 3 star (around $70) and you'll get
Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites or Renaissance.

All of these are fine hotels, in excellent locations, close to the pier.

We are staying at the Marriott Marina, Jan 26-29.. $70/night. Hard to beat
that price for a quality hotel.

Do any of these Hotels permit parking for the length of a cruise?
If not, do the hotels in the airport area permit this?

Ermalee