Back from the GGC2006 and MOAGC2006

Old February 14th, 2006, 02:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Back from the GGC2006 and MOAGC2006

Got home last evening after two great cruises and have been soooo
tired after 17 days of going, going, going that I goofed off and
rested most of the day...only got one load of laundry done.

Will comment more on the cruises in a few days when I get my
thoughts together...

Hope everyone else made it home safely or was able to get a hotel if
their flight was cancelled because of the snow storm.

--Jean

Old February 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Hope everyone else made it home safely or was able to get a hotel if
their flight was cancelled because of the snow storm.

Hi Jean,

We got home about 7pm monday night without a problem. Our flight was
about an hour late leaving Fort Lauderdale and I considered us lucky
not to have worse problems. I am so glad we had planned to stay over
untill monday, don't know what would of happened if we were flying on
sunday because of all the snow.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, which was very, very nice. When we
checked in we didn't know the situation with our flight for the next
day, so we asked them if they would have room if we needed to extend
our stay. They said they had rooms available and if we did need to
stay, we would have first priority because we were already booked
there. We saw and/or spoke to several people who were there because
their flights were canceled.

sue - wish I was still on the Infinity!!

Old February 14th, 2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all the tales.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Welcome back everyone.

Sue, when I realized the scope of the winter storm we had over the weekend I
realized that you are a witch, otherwise how would you have known to book
your return flight on Monday.

What are you playing for Powerball this coming Wednesday?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)

Old February 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

D Ball wrote:

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all the tales.

There will be lots of tales to tell, it was a wonderful cruise. I hope
that Kevin and/or I will have a review written and pictures posted
by this time next week.

sue
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

sheree wrote:

welcome back! here in mercer county we had about 18". it does look pretty
though. we head out this weekend,

Thanks Sheree, now I can't wait for august and the SGC2006 on the
Crown Princess.

It does look very pretty outside, but I don't think we had as much
snow as you did. It just doesn't look that deep in my front or back
yards.

Hope you and family have a lovely vacation and I also hope that
Florida warms up before you get there.

sue
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

SUE:
Down here around cherry hill,we had about 14 inches.

(.a cruise lover.)

Old February 15th, 2006, 12:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Surfer E2468 wrote:

SUE:
Down here around cherry hill,we had about 14 inches.

Thanks Annie!! I don't think we had that much here, but it is hard to
say since we missed the worst of it.

sue
Old February 15th, 2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

According to local TV in Philadelphia we had 17". Washington had around 12"
but the grand prize went to NYC where they had a measurement of 27" in
Central Park.

The good news is that the forecast calls for 52 degrees tomorrow and 55 on
Thursday and then rain on Friday with temperatures in the mid 50's and
hopefully the snow will be gone.