NCL Onboard Bowling Alley!

Old February 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default NCL Onboard Bowling Alley!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Norwegian Cruise Line and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

NCL’S NEW NORWEGIAN PEARL TO OFFER CRUISE INDUSTRY FIRST: ONBOARD
BOWLING ALLEY

MIAMI – February 7, 2006 - NCL’s next ship, Norwegian Pearl, will bowl
over the cruise competition with a “striking” innovation – a full
size, four lane, ten-pin bowling alley. The bowling alley is part of
an all-new, all-day entertainment, sports bar and nightclub complex
called Bliss. During the day, Bliss is a sports bar with a four lane
bowling alley, multiple flat screen televisions to show sports events,
and air hockey, foosball and other arcade games.

In the evening, in a complete change of mood, Bliss transforms into a
hip, high-energy ultra-lounge, with the plasma screens adding video
tracks to the non-stop music spun by Norwegian Pearl’s own Vibe
Master. A spacious dance floor, a full bar, and mood-lit bowling all
add to the atmosphere of a totally unique seagoing experience.

The venue is designed in deep reds, blues and purples and appointed
with modern furniture including plush seating with high back chairs,
day beds with cushions and pillows and comfortable banquettes near the
bowling lanes.

“Bowling is one of America’s most popular recreational sports, with
more than 69 million* participants in the United States,” said Colin
Veitch, president and CEO of NCL. “We are constantly pushing the
Freestyle Cruising theme on our ships – bringing our guests all kinds
of unexpected opportunities to relax and have fun as the mood takes
them. What better than to bring one of the most popular landside
activities in the nation onto a ship.

“Will the ball roll perfectly true? Much of the time yes, and some of
the time no. We won’t be hosting the world bowling championships; it’s
just fun we’re shooting for! Bowling, drinking, dancing, and laughing
with your friends and family. That’s a strike every time in our book!”
Veitch said.

The entertainment complex during the day is also the perfect venue to
host bowling parties for guests of all ages. Gutter bumpers will
automatically pop up for kids’ bowling parties – or for adults who
might need a little help with their scores.

With its finger on the pulse of what today’s more casual travelers
want on vacation, NCL has debuted several novel onboard entertainment
options in recent years. In 2005, NCL was the first cruise line to
offer, on Pride of America, an onboard bungee trampoline, as well as a
giant gyroscope, an exhilarating, open-air sphere originally designed
for training astronauts in weightlessness.

In addition to the new bowling alley, Norwegian Pearl will also
feature all the attributes of NCL’s dynamic modern Freestyle Cruising
fleet including multiple restaurants, vibrant public rooms, versatile,
family-friendly accommodations and NCL’s popular new style of
accommodations - Courtyard Villas - which along with each ship’s two
Garden Villas make up the biggest, most luxurious, most innovative
suite complexes at sea.

NCL Corporation ("NCL") is an innovative cruise company headquartered
in Miami, Florida, with a fleet of 15 ships in service and under
construction. The corporation oversees the operations of Norwegian
Cruise Line, NCL America, and Orient Lines. The company is currently
building three ships, including one more for the NCL America brand in
Hawai`i - Pride of Hawai`i (delivery in April 2006), and Norwegian
Pearl and Norwegian Gem for delivery in 2007.

For further information, please contact your travel professional.

*Simmons Research, 2004
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

That's gotta be fun on the first rough sea day.

Which ship will be the first to offer diamond cutting?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)

Old February 8th, 2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
[...]

I guess they don't have their finger on the pulse, when it comes to the
food and beverage dept.

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

Old February 8th, 2006, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

NCL’S NEW NORWEGIAN PEARL TO OFFER CRUISE INDUSTRY FIRST: ONBOARD
BOWLING ALLEY

Not exactly.

The Matson Line's Lurline had a bowling alley (sort of). It was
outside. It used small pins and a small ball without finger
holes. It even required pin setters, a fellow passenger who
volunteered.

If you want a date, it was 1965.

Old February 8th, 2006, 08:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 2/7/06 9:00 PM Ray Goldenberg consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
[...]

I can see it now. Bad bowlers will blame their gutter balls on the ships
rolling. Ted Bundy and his slatternly wife Peg will be right at home.
Too bad this development didn't happen while "Married With Children" was
still in production. It would have made for a hilarious episode. "The
Bundys win a cruise on the NCL Pearl". I'm telling ya it would have been
great!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old February 12th, 2006, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 2/8/06 7:54 AM Lee Lindquist consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:19:22 GMT, Brian K
wrote:

rolling. Ted Bundy and his slatternly wife Peg will be right at home.
Too bad this development didn't happen while "Married With Children" was

Ted != Al

It would have been more hilarious with Ted Bundy! There could even be a
CSI tie-in! :-D

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old February 12th, 2006, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

While I can find humor in almost anything, I never found anything funny
about either Al or Ted Bundy.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

link.net...
wrote:

rolling. Ted Bundy and his slatternly wife Peg will be right at home.
Too bad this development didn't happen while "Married With Children" was

Ted != Al

It would have been more hilarious with Ted Bundy! There could even be a
CSI tie-in! :-D

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old February 18th, 2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Or circumcisions lol.

Jeff