CO's evolving definition of BusinessFirst "J"

Old September 12th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Reef Fish

Default CO's evolving definition of BusinessFirst "J"

(Vitaly Shmatikov) has Mouth-Danced tm
for this newsgroups many times, to his own delight.

While I was relaxing on a BusinessFirst seat on CO Flight 268J
(J is CO's designation for BusinessFirst), on a DOMESTIC flight
from EWR to LAS, in a Business First cabin of a B757 200,
I couldn't help but think of Vitaly Shmatikov's mouth-dancing acts
he has been performing in this and other threads, in spite of a
$10,000 offer I had made (still open for acceptance) against his
$1,000 about the existence of said flights with J Class boarding
passes, and his failure to claim it while refusing to SHUT UP.

Vitaly has not posted anything in any ng since Aug 28. So, this
post should help him polish up his foot, put on his mouth-dancing
shoes, and replay the same OLD, OBSOLETE tunes he had been singing.

Note the subject title about the "evolving" definition ...

Shmatikov was quoting something he posted in 1999 as the source of
his CURRENT information. I laughed so hard I couldn't type a response!

So, Ladies and Gentlemen ... for the preview to this show ...

On 2003-08-07 13:40:03 PST, Mouth-Dancer Shmatikov muttered:

VS The clear, unambiguous and unequivocal meaning of this paragraph,
VS written in plain English, is that Continental Airlines flights with
VS a BusinessFirst cabin are not eligible for Elite upgrades.

My flight 268J was domestic, and was hence automatically ELite-upgraded.
That is, the upgrade was "complimentary", without any fees or points.

RF I WAS Elite upgraded to BusinessFirst cabins,
RF numerous times in DOMESTIC flights, because that's Continental's
RF policy, clearly stated in the FULL paragraph from its webpage.

VS Unfortunately, you are lying You could not have possibly been
VS upgraded to BusinessFirst on domestic flights because
VS
VS a) Continental does not offer BusinessFirst (or J class) on domestic
VS (non-Hawaii) flights, and
VS
VS b) Continental's policy, clearly stated in the FULL paragraph from
VS its webpage, does not permit automatic Elite upgrades to BusinessFirst.

The flight attendant announced the title of the movie on Flight 268J,
and continued, "For those passengers in the Business First cabin ..."
that the individual video monitor offered several different choices.

VS Continental Airlines flights with a BusinessFirst cabin [...] are not
VS eligible for Elite upgrades.

At the end of the movies on this particular 268J DOMESTIC flight on which
I was complimentarily upgraded, I happened to glance at the video monitor
which showed the following:

# BusinessFirst with a script "f" in "F"
#
# The next program will begin in:
# Le prochain programme va commencer en:
# Il proximo programma va a comenzan en:
# Das nachste programm fangt an in:
# ...

The same display, on the same monitor, on the same BF seats, in the
same BF cabin that would have been used in an International BF flight.

It was indeed a memorable 9/11 flight (in 2003) which inspired this post.

What's the old saying about "If it looks like a duck, quacks and acts
like a duck"? It certainly seem to apply to the DOMESTIC Flight 268J
being BusinessFirst!

Alas, I can't quite say Vitaly Shmatikov is a DUCK, even thought he acts
and QUACKS like one all the time, because I don't know if he looks like
a duck. :-))))

Maestro, let's have some travelling and dancing music for ...

the Mouth-Dancer of rec.travel.air, comrade Vitaly Shmatikov, PLEASE.

-- Bob.

P.S. The substance of VS's mouth-dance act is deja vu -- and in the
archives, so I won't waste my time responding to it. Besides,
I have much better and more enjoyable things to do in the
Venetian Suites, even if we discount watching the canals and
real godolas and singers on its 4th floor. :-)
Old September 12th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Bottom feeding for reefs

Since the other has at least shut up why bother us with your gloating. FFM

Reef Fish wrote:

(Vitaly Shmatikov) has Mouth-Danced tm
for this newsgroups many times, to his own delight.

snip

Old September 13th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Reef Fish

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message ...
Since the other has at least shut up why bother us with your gloating. FFM

Frank, if you're going to stick your nose into this, you should at least

(1) learn how to use the archives to review the most recent posts on this
subject and this thread.

(2) Learn how to use the archives to review the ENTIRE thread.

Reef Fish wrote:

(Vitaly Shmatikov) has Mouth-Danced tm
for this newsgroups many times, to his own delight.

snip

Let me help you out this time, Frank:
I last posted in this thread on this subject (as a matter of fact, last
posted in this newsgroup) on Aug 7, 2003.

Shmatikov has made follow-up posts in this thread, AFTER my post of
August 7, continuing harping his point (that's NOT SHUTTING UP) twice
on August 7, then on August 11, and then on August 20 -- none of which
I have bothered to respond to until my post of Sept 12, 2003.

While I am pleased to see that you've finallhy seen the light that Vitaly
was ALL WRONG (to call my post "gloating") -- but let me assure you that
to this date, Vitaly has NEVER admitted that he was wrong in any of
his false claims, and he has NEVER SHUT UP about it.

My Sept 12 post in question was the FIRST time I took what he wrote
on August 7 verbatim, interspersed with FACTS about my flight on Sept 11,
to make it clear, once and for all, that even careless readers like
yourself, Frank, thought that Vitaly had shut up about it before now!

It was just my BELATED REPLY to his LATEST posts on the subject (all in
one). As a matter of fact, I rather suspect he'll be back Mouth-Dancing
some more!

But I DO look forward to seeing how Vitaly try to squirm and wiggle out
of it this time, as he had done numerous other times -- which gave rise
to the term "Mouth Dancing" about his posts.

Why don't YOU tell Vitaly to SHUT UP when he sings the same old tune in
respond to my post in question which you considered "gloating"? One
poster by the posting handle of "me" (which is not ME) tried, after
my post of August 7, to no avail.

It was just matter of setting the record straight in the continuing
MISINFORMATION fed by Vitaly Schmatikov, including libeling me by
saying that I was "lying" about the existence of the kind of flights
that I have just written about, and had said numerous times that I
had numerous other flights just like it (with J boarding passes and all)!

Frank, you should check on FACTS before posting something derogatory
about me when you were not even in the continuing exchange between Vitaly
and myself.

I trust you'll now have the relevant DATA and FACTS to tell Vitaly to
SHUT UP when he reappears with his same old refrain in his next Mouth-
Dancing Act. ;-D)

-- Bob.
Old September 15th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Blake S

m...

Reef Fish wrote:

[...]

OK Bob, you are right. And you are the most important frequent flyer ever,
with the extra shiny super-important FF card. Now will you shut up?

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Reef Fish

m...

Reef Fish wrote:

[...]

Yes, that I was merely responding to Vitaly Shmatikov's follow-up to
MY reply of Aug 7, 2003, in which he was not only wrong, but he accused
me of "lying". I also implicitly replied to his OTHER posts in the
same thread because I had not posted anything in rta since Aug 7, 2003.

And you are the most important frequent flyer ever,
with the extra shiny super-important FF card.

You're clearly WRONG! Never said or implied such.

Now will you shut up?

No. Why should I?

What's YOUR problem, or your beef, Blake?

That you're a Clueness Newbie in USENET, abd had made your first post
in rta on August 23, 2003, and had justed started posting with
r_a_rippy's ISP and account?

-- Bob.
Old September 15th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Because you are attempting to gloat over something that had long gone
away. You are a waste. FFM

snip

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Reef Fish

"DALing" daling43[delete]-at-hotmail.com wrote in message ...

give it a break guys - in reality nobody CARES which of the two of you is
correct

I didn't realize that you're a spokesman for EVERONE in rta now.

You've been around the internet for awhile now, DALing. Haven't you
learned anything or any Nettiquette yet?

1. You are not required to read anyone's posting, especially you think
you know you don't care about the subject and what the discussant
had to say. Just DON'T READ IT.

2. To make your one-line (plus one word) comment on an entire post,
only a Clusless Newbie would cite the entire post, rather than
a one-line reference to it.

3. Top Posting is one of the surest signs of a "Clueless Newbie".

If nobody cares, then THOSE nobodies should be the ones to skip reading
whatever we post for those who DO care (at least two of us, and any
future readers who know how to use the archives to search for FACTS).

YOU are the ones who should SHUT UP.

DALing, it's not too late for you to learn a basic lession or two
about Netiquette and not be a shining example of Reverend Bob "Bob"
Crispen's characterization of a "Clueless Newbie",

See, e.g., http://netsquirrel.com/roadmap96/map07.html

-- Bob.

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
m...
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

Since the other has at least shut up why bother us with your gloating.

FFM

Frank, if you're going to stick your nose into this, you should at least

(1) learn how to use the archives to review the most recent posts on this
subject and this thread.

(2) Learn how to use the archives to review the ENTIRE thread.

snip rest of post reproduced by DALing
Old September 16th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Reef Fish

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message ...

Because you are attempting to gloat over something that had long gone
away. You are a waste. FFM

Is this a forged post by Vitaly Shmatikov? It's just like his posts --
repeating the SAME thing which had already been debunked!

You obviously didn't read my REPLY explaining that it was my FIRST
response to what Vitaly Shmatikov posted and posted more -- which had
NOT gone away. And that I wasn't gloating at all -- just using
data to debunk VItaly's falsehood, including his accusation that
I was "lying", for the record.

Reef Fish wrote:

snip

You attempt to obfuscate by snipping all the substance of my reply
to YOUR (Frank F. Matthews) gratuitous post is DISPICABLE.

THen you used the lines below in my reply to Blake S's post (completely
OUT OF CONTEXT) to obfuscate some more.

No. Why should I?

What's YOUR problem, or your beef, Blake?

snip

The above was my reply to Clueless Newbie Blake S's gratuitous
comment and top posted insult, with my reply to Frank Mathews attached :

BS OK Bob, you are right. And you are the most important frequent
BS flyer ever, with the extra shiny super-important FF card. Now
BS will you shut up?

Shut up and go away, Frank F. Matthew.

Your failure to grasp facts and your IRRESPONSIBLE posting style has
already been established! There is no need for an encore.

-- Bob.
Old September 16th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Blake S

om...

Reef Fish wrote:

[...]

Here you go, Bob. I'm bottom posting with your full text included. I'm
gonna take an educated guess here and say that maybe Frank, DALing, and I
probably also have extra shiny super-important FF cards with various
airlines. So, now that it has been established that you and your wife are
the only super important Continental FF's in the entire state of Hawaii,
maybe you can start contributing in other ways. Try adding to a thread that
doesn't involve Continental or your standing with them. That would be most
appreciated.