Is taking off shoes optional now?

Old July 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.food.cooking
Reef Fish[_2_]

Default Is taking off shoes optional now?

Gregory Morrow wrote:
ODORIFEROUS Reef Fish wrote:

wrote:
void wrote:
Over a year ago I posted a question regarding shoes, and most people
responded that even though it may not be "required" that you take off your
shoes, they will still ask you to take off your shoes.

According to the official TSA website at
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ing/index.shtm ,

This is a change that has appeared in the last month, and may reflect a
change in their procedures to scrutinize shoes more theatrically.

Keep in mind that the TSA in the USA is there solely for the purpose
of giving the people the FALSE sense of security because some
minimum-wage unemployable-otherwise are there doing their PR act.
It has been a JOKE ever since the whole TSA business began.

So I guess they take their cues from you, eh...???

One time one of those morons didn't like the smirk I showed him on
my face when he was doing something really stupid with one of the
passengers, he took at least 5 minutes with his wand going through
every part of my body and until he detected an infinitessimal sized
metal part of an elastic hairband in my wallet. He let out a big
smile
as his success when he didn't know WHAT he was doing. I return
a BIG SMIRK to him.

".....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn........"

Tell us, b00b, did that make you feel like a "BIG MAN"...???

Nah. That just puts the LITTLE MAN in his place, just like I
smirk at every post YOU made.

There are NO fixed rules from airport to airport.

There is ONE: "ALWAYS give ODORIFEROUS "Reef Fish" a BIG hassle when he
comes through..."

Actually no. Some of them smile sheepishly in admiration and short
of asking me for an autograph, but they only asked the indirect
question such as "Are you a movie star?" or "Do you make movies?"
as they obviously mistook me for some well-known actor (now dead)
who looked like me, though 20 years older and 6 inches shorter. :-)

The only thing common is that most of the security agents are morons.

You should get a job with them...

Sorry, I don't qualify because I can't possibly meet the IQ standards
for a moron. But I'll mention to them the next time I see a TSA
supervisor that Greg Morrow wants to apply on the basis of his
qualification of being a MORON.

On my return flight from Beijing less than a month ago, I didn't
have to take off my shoes, didn't have to take out my laptop,
but on inspection on the X-ray machine, they found a can of
coka cola and made me OPEN it, so that the agent could sniff
it to determine that it wasn't liquid fuel I suppose.

Too bad he didn't light a match -- "Uh oh, it's FLAMBEED "Reef
Fish"...!!! Call out the HAZMAT teams...!!!"

Okay Greg. Now you can go back to your rec.food.cooking to
stuff your face and troll there instead of bothering grown-ups
and intelligent folks in rec.travel.air and rec.travel.cruises (well
there are 3 or 4 of those there).

-- Reef Fish Bob,