"I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Knotso

Default "I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

If I were Dutch, and in 1930s England, I would certainly consider
wearing a T-shirt that said "I am not a German."

The Islamic fascists (helped by their EU apologists) are raving anti-Semites,
misogynists and all-around haters -- closer to Hitler's Germany than anyone
else on earth. The U.S. is somewhere on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Old December 6th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Schultz

Knotso wrote:

If I were Dutch, and in 1930s England, I would certainly consider
wearing a T-shirt that said "I am not a German."

The Islamic fascists (helped by their EU apologists) are raving anti-Semites,
misogynists and all-around haters -- closer to Hitler's Germany than anyone
else on earth. The U.S. is somewhere on the opposite side of the spectrum.

So then, a Durchman should just allow himself to be mistaken for
a Nazi, and just shut up. I guess that's what you're saying.

"Ismalic fascists", eh? What an imagination you have. I wonder if
they'll make the trains run on time.
Old December 7th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Knotso

"Ismalic fascists", eh? What an imagination you have. I wonder if
they'll make the trains run on time.

Probably not, but they'll murder any Jew they get their hands on. I dunno,
maybe you got no problem with that.

In any case, I said Islamic and not "Ismalic," which I presume would mean
followers of the prophet Ishmael. And I have no problems with Ismailis,
Ishmaelites and the like.
Old December 8th, 2003, 02:02 AM
devil

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:10:53 +0000, Miguel Cruz wrote:

devil wrote:
In the context of the way the current US government behaves in Iraq, it's
truly *not being American* that matters, if you think of it.

Not that much - somewhere around half of Americans don't support the war.

But trouble is, they are on the whole not terribly vocal about it. The
bullies seem to be winning the day. The advantage of playing the
nationalistic card, I suppose, "our boys, etc."

Old December 9th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Schultz

Knotso wrote:

"Ismalic fascists", eh? What an imagination you have. I wonder if
they'll make the trains run on time.

Probably not, but they'll murder any Jew they get their hands on. I dunno,
maybe you got no problem with that.

Yes, I got a problem with that, even if the victims are not Jews.
And also even when the perpetrators are. I have an equal
opportunity problem with fanaticism. Which has nothing to do with
"I Am Not An American" T-shirts.

\\P. Schultz
Old December 9th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Schultz

devil wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:10:53 +0000, Miguel Cruz wrote:

Not that much - somewhere around half of Americans don't support the war.

But trouble is, they are on the whole not terribly vocal about it. The
bullies seem to be winning the day. The advantage of playing the
nationalistic card, I suppose, "our boys, etc."

No, "troops." Not "boys". "Troops". Remember brave little Jessica
eating her applesauce on television.
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Geoff Miller

Schultz writes:

And since Americans seem to be too lazy to study
foreign languages, they'll have to believe you.

Americans aren't "too lazy" to study foreign languages.
We simply have no practical need to do so. This is
because of the sheer size of our country and the cor-
responding lack of proximity to peoples nattering in
other tongues. Hell, we have mere *counties* that are
bigger than a lot of those cute little European nations.

ObTopical: English is the international language of
aviation. I bet that ****es off the fashionable
America-haters something fierce, and particularly
galls (heh) the French.

"Frere ZHOCK-uh, frere ZHOCK-uh
Dormay voo? Dormay voo?
Sonny LeMattina, Sonny LeMattina
He's nice, too. He's nice, too."

See? I speak that ****. Haw!

Geoff

--
If God were a liberal, we'd
have the Ten Suggestions.

Old December 11th, 2003, 08:39 PM
mrtrav

Geoff Miller wrote:

Americans aren't "too lazy" to study foreign languages.
We simply have no practical need to do so. This is
because of the sheer size of our country and the cor-
responding lack of proximity to peoples nattering in
other tongues. Hell, we have mere *counties* that are
bigger than a lot of those cute little European nations.

Which counties are bigger than "a lot" of European Nations?
Your definition of "a lot" differs from mine.

Old December 11th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Geoff Miller

mrtrav writes:

Which counties are bigger than "a lot" of European Nations?

You're trying to get me to jump through hoops, and I don't
do hoops. But being in a magnanimous mood, I'll get you
pointed in the right direction. Hint: break out a map of
the United States, one that shows counties, and look out
West. (If the map is right-side up, that will be to your
left...which is probably intuitive, in your case.)

Your definition of "a lot" differs from mine.

Well now, that strikes me as a bit odd, seeing as how you
hadn't even given me a chance to respond to your question
yet.

Geoff

--
If God were a liberal, we'd
have the Ten Suggestions.

Old December 11th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Turby

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:39:00 GMT, mrtrav wrote:

Geoff Miller wrote:

Americans aren't "too lazy" to study foreign languages.
We simply have no practical need to do so. This is
because of the sheer size of our country and the cor-
responding lack of proximity to peoples nattering in
other tongues. Hell, we have mere *counties* that are
bigger than a lot of those cute little European nations.

Which counties are bigger than "a lot" of European Nations?
Your definition of "a lot" differs from mine.

The geographical pedant in me demanded an answer, so...

San Bernardino County in California (AFAIK, America's largest,) is
20,106 sq miles (52,072 sq kilometers,) which makes it bigger than:

Albania
Andorra
Belgium
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Denmark
Estonia
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Netherlands
San Marino
Slovenia
Switzerland
and the Vatican

That's 17 nations. There are only 25 European nations that are larger,
and some not by much. So, what would you consider "a lot?"

Turby the Turbosurfer