choosing a Star Alliance mileage program

Old December 31st, 2003, 03:15 PM

Default choosing a Star Alliance mileage program

If I have very frequent flyer status on one Star Alliance partner, and I
am flying on another, do I have the same privileges on all? For
example, if I want to upgrade do I get the same priority, and with the
same lead time? Can I book seats with extended leg room? If I'm
booking award travel do I get the same waiving of blackout dates?

Thanks ... swb
Old December 31st, 2003, 03:38 PM
Sjoerd

schreef in bericht
If I have very frequent flyer status on one Star Alliance partner, and I
am flying on another, do I have the same privileges on all? For
example, if I want to upgrade do I get the same priority, and with the
same lead time? Can I book seats with extended leg room? If I'm
booking award travel do I get the same waiving of blackout dates?

have a look at
http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr.shtml

Sjoerd

Old December 31st, 2003, 05:53 PM
Geoff Glave

If I have very frequent flyer status on one Star Alliance partner, and I
am flying on another, do I have the same privileges on all?

Sort of. For example, with Air Canada I was "Star Alliance Silver", which
meant I got all the privileges on United that a silver united person would
get, even though I wasn't a member of United's FF programme. However, the
policies weren't the same as AC's.

For example, at the time, United allowed Star Alliance Silver to pre-board
so I got that perk. AC didn't have that perk for their silvers, so I didn't
get it. However, one of AC's perk for "silvers" was the ability to use the
business-class check-in line, so I used it, whereas with United I had to
queue up with everyone else.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vnacouver, Canada