"Dress code wearing thin on air marshals"

Old December 9th, 2004, 09:32 PM
nospam

Apparantly something you clearly know nothing about either, I have
no problem concealing a full size pistol in an IWB with an untucked
Hawaiian shirt.

And everyone who sees you knows you are wearing a concealed
weapon by the imprint of the pistol. A sport coat covers any size
pistol with no imprint due to the thicker material, especially when
seated. A *full-size* pistol under a Hawaiian shirt? You are a
full-size fool.

Pete

Old December 9th, 2004, 10:56 PM
B Walker

nospam wrote:
Apparantly something you clearly know nothing about either, I have
no problem concealing a full size pistol in an IWB with an untucked
Hawaiian shirt.

And everyone who sees you knows you are wearing a concealed
weapon by the imprint of the pistol. A sport coat covers any size
pistol with no imprint due to the thicker material, especially when
seated. A *full-size* pistol under a Hawaiian shirt? You are a
full-size fool.

Again, coming from someone that knows nothing apparantly, with a proper
IWB nobody has a clue that I'm carrying. In fact I know several people
that use tuckable IWB's and T-shirts for carrying and nobody can tell
(and yes, full size 1911's). Go to Florida sometime.

--
DoD# 2223, OFCC #3122
Meum scapha volitare plenum anguillae

Old December 10th, 2004, 01:30 AM
G M

Again, coming from someone that knows nothing apparantly, with a proper
IWB nobody has a clue that I'm carrying. In fact I know several people
that use tuckable IWB's and T-shirts for carrying and nobody can tell
(and yes, full size 1911's). Go to Florida sometime.
--
DoD# 2223, OFCC #3122
Meum scapha volitare plenum anguillae

Not even an IWB is required Depending
on your pistol of choice. I carry a
Beretta/daily just in my 501 jeans
pocket. Total Length of the Pistols
are 4.9". Packed for years I've
never been noticed except when
I wanted to be. Unless I'm shooting
a bear 8 shots 1 clip will stop anyone
or anything. Many Pistols available
you don't even need a holster to
not imprint. I think they should just
professional.

INDLIC#1427

Old December 10th, 2004, 11:34 PM
edgy

wrote in message
ps.com...
Dress code wearing thin on air marshals
A Thanksgiving Day morale booster for federal air marshals has instead
turned into possible pink slips for air cops who ignore their strict
dress code.
at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2555-6114r.htm

These agents are highly trained operatives who can be entrusted with the
task of carrying weapons and risking their lives and making split-second
decisions in situations which are potentially lethal for hundreds of people,
but they are not considered capable of choosing the most appropriate
clothing for varying circumstances?

And on top of all that, their cover is blown by their very own director who
allows the media to report that the only guy on the flight wearing a suit
must be the Air Marshall!!!

Dumb as dog****.

Old December 11th, 2004, 07:22 AM
john

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:34:34 +1100, "edgy"
wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dress code wearing thin on air marshals
A Thanksgiving Day morale booster for federal air marshals has instead
turned into possible pink slips for air cops who ignore their strict
dress code.
at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2555-6114r.htm

These agents are highly trained operatives who can be entrusted with the
task of carrying weapons and risking their lives and making split-second
decisions in situations which are potentially lethal for hundreds of people,
but they are not considered capable of choosing the most appropriate
clothing for varying circumstances?

Have they stopped any hijacking?

Old December 12th, 2004, 12:02 AM
ant

I think a pair of designer-type jeans, and a ralph loren (or similar) shirt
would have you fitting into either class without any problems.

ant