Hand inspection of film

Old November 26th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Doug Pearl

Default Hand inspection of film

On a trip I'm planning for next spring, I expect to be flying out of
(and therefore going through security) at the following Asian aiports:

Osaka, Japan
Hong Kong
Hanoi (changing planes in Bangkok)

Anybody know at which of the above airports I'd be able to get a hand
inspection of film for my 35mm camera?

Thx,
Doug
Old November 26th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Kris

I doubt it will be any problem in HK.

Kris

Old November 26th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Eric Edwards

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:02:39 -0800, Steve Kramer wrote:
Personally, when I was shooting film, I'd routinely carry several
hundred rolls of film through 3-4 carry-on machines on each trip, many
times a year, and never had a single frame damaged. Not one. Even when
going through very rustic airports on small islands in 3rd World
countries, etc., none of my film received the slightest damage, and I
shoot for a living!

Interesting. What speed do you use? On past trips, I sent ASA200
through the machines but hand checked the 800.

--
Use the From: header. Sending mail to
or
Old November 26th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Peter

Default Getting married in Hong Kong AND Europe

Here's the deal... the big decision has finally been made. Myself and
my girlfriend of many years are getting married early next year.

Hurray hurray.

We're getting married in my own European country first, with my
family. Then we want to get married in Hong Kong, with her family.

Anyone know more about this? Bureaucrats here are, as usual,
wonderfully vague and don't seem to know themselves.

Will getting married in two different countries (same two people
obviously be a problem as technically, in Hong Kong, we will be
married already. ...?

Thank you.

Old November 26th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Peter

Needed to add obviously, my girlfriend is Hong Kong Chinese.

Old November 26th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:50 +0100, the renowned Peter wrote:

Here's the deal... the big decision has finally been made. Myself and
my girlfriend of many years are getting married early next year.

Hurray hurray.

We're getting married in my own European country first, with my
family. Then we want to get married in Hong Kong, with her family.

Anyone know more about this? Bureaucrats here are, as usual,
wonderfully vague and don't seem to know themselves.

Will getting married in two different countries (same two people
obviously be a problem as technically, in Hong Kong, we will be
married already. ...?

Here's some info for Americans, but some should apply:

http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/consular/acs13.htm

Also:
http://www.info.gov.hk/yearbook/2001/ehtml/22/22-12.htm
http://inet4.hktb.com/d110382.htm

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old November 26th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , Peter
says...
Here's the deal... the big decision has finally been made. Myself and
my girlfriend of many years are getting married early next year.

Hurray hurray.

We're getting married in my own European country first, with my
family. Then we want to get married in Hong Kong, with her family.

Anyone know more about this? Bureaucrats here are, as usual,
wonderfully vague and don't seem to know themselves.

Will getting married in two different countries (same two people
obviously be a problem as technically, in Hong Kong, we will be
married already. ...?

I did the same last year (married my Malaysian Chinese girlfriend) both
here in Germany and in Malaysia. In Malaysia we had the Chinese tea
ceremony. See my travelogue he
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...logue.htm#0712
--

Alfred Molon
Old November 26th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Peter

Congratulations!

Did you have an official, legal wedding in Malaysia (the bureaucratic
thing at a city hall or something) ???

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:42:39 GMT, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Peter
says...

Old November 27th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Lode Up

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...
In article , Peter
says...
Here's the deal... the big decision has finally been made. Myself and
my girlfriend of many years are getting married early next year.

Hurray hurray.

We're getting married in my own European country first, with my
family. Then we want to get married in Hong Kong, with her family.

Anyone know more about this? Bureaucrats here are, as usual,
wonderfully vague and don't seem to know themselves.

Will getting married in two different countries (same two people
obviously be a problem as technically, in Hong Kong, we will be
married already. ...?

I did the same last year (married my Malaysian Chinese girlfriend) both
here in Germany and in Malaysia. In Malaysia we had the Chinese tea
ceremony. See my travelogue he
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Malays...logue.htm#0712
--

Congratulations! Do you know if the ceremony was Hakka, Teochew or Fujian?
I've heard there's a difference in the tea ceremony depending.

Alfred Molon

Old November 27th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Lode Up

Peter wrote in message ...
Here's the deal... the big decision has finally been made. Myself and
my girlfriend of many years are getting married early next year.

Hurray hurray.

We're getting married in my own European country first, with my
family. Then we want to get married in Hong Kong, with her family.

Anyone know more about this? Bureaucrats here are, as usual,
wonderfully vague and don't seem to know themselves.

Will getting married in two different countries (same two people
obviously be a problem as technically, in Hong Kong, we will be
married already. ...?

I was just wondering but how do they know? Do they in HK ask if you are
married?
Thank you.