First Choice Airways long haul

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:30 PM
lester

On 17 Aug 2005 04:59:22 -0700, "Andrew Scotland"
wrote:

In there in-flight mag it says they have 4 767s.

Why are you asking here? An email to First Choice perhaps?

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:31 PM
lester

On 17 Aug 2005 06:00:27 -0700, "GKirk"
wrote:

Ok, MAN or LGW probably have 2 dedicated 767-300s based

None at GLA then?

Old August 17th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Frank F. Matthews

lester wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:31:11 GMT, "Platinums.co.uk"
wrote:

hate to think they would ground all the 737's........... that must be close
to 1/3 of all the aircraft in the skies then. The good old 737 is the
workhorse of all the planes, its the equiv to the american pickup truck.

I think they would ground any aircraft for safety reasons irrespective
of how popular.?

Then again, they wouldn't ground any aircraft without an identified
safety problem that was unavoidable.

Old August 17th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Platinums.co.uk

you mean there was actually a captain on board?????

--

Electrical Kettle instant hot water (home, office)
Platinums.co.uk - or remember this

\\ l l l //
(@ @)
____________ oOO-(_)-OOo____________
"TOliver" wrote in message
. ..

"Platinums.co.uk" wrote in message
hate to think they would ground all the 737's........... that must be
close
to 1/3 of all the aircraft in the skies then. The good old 737 is the
workhorse of all the planes, its the equiv to the american pickup truck.

Greece isnt the best country when we talk about safety is it....... just
think of all the coaches, all the boats..... they always in the news.

--

I recall an old bit of levity regarding cruise lines and ships.....

Q: "How can you tell when you're aboard a Greek-flagged ship?"

A: "If the Captain leaves in the first lifeboat."

TMO

Old August 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM
lester

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:00:48 GMT, "Platinums.co.uk"
wrote:

you mean there was actually a captain on board?????

A stripogram? :-)

Old August 17th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Ian Hutchby

Andrew Scotland wrote:

"I believe that FCA only have 3 767s in operation presently.
FCA 767s are based as follows:
1 LGW
1 MAN
1 operates other MAN/EMA/GLA/NCL flights "

In there in-flight mag it says they have 4 767s.

according to their website they have somewhere between 2 and 5 depending
on when in 2005 the additional 3 mentioned at the end of the page
entered service -

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/info/ab...ghtsfleet.html

G-OOAL, G-OOAN plus G-OOBK, G-OOBL, G-OOBM which will enter service in
2005 (it doesn't state exactly when in 2005 these 3 have entered/are
going to enter service)

Ian
Old August 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Jeff Hacker

wrote:

hate to think they would ground all the 737's........... that must be
close
to 1/3 of all the aircraft in the skies then. The good old 737 is the
workhorse of all the planes, its the equiv to the american pickup truck.

I think they would ground any aircraft for safety reasons irrespective
of how popular.?

Only if they think there is a major problem with the airplane. And,
frankly, there are major differences between the older 737-300's and the
newer -600's, -700's, -800's, and -900's.

AFAIK, the last time they grounded an aircraft type was the DC10 in 1979
after the American Airlines incident in Chicago.

Old August 18th, 2005, 03:13 PM
JohnT

wrote:

hate to think they would ground all the 737's........... that must be
close
to 1/3 of all the aircraft in the skies then. The good old 737 is the
workhorse of all the planes, its the equiv to the american pickup truck.

I think they would ground any aircraft for safety reasons irrespective
of how popular.?

Only if they think there is a major problem with the airplane. And,
frankly, there are major differences between the older 737-300's and the
newer -600's, -700's, -800's, and -900's.

AFAIK, the last time they grounded an aircraft type was the DC10 in 1979
after the American Airlines incident in Chicago.

Concorde after Paris. (Yes, I know that there were very few of them!).

JohnT