Another one bites the dust!

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Joe Curry

Default Another one bites the dust!

Just got back from STN today and received the news that my travel agent
supplying my forthcoming USA flight has gone into liquidation.

Phileas Fogg Travel London went down the tubes on Friday ...

Hectic days ahead for me. :-(
Old November 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Molly Sugden

I'm sure you'll be fine Joe.

Surely the flights will be booked under your name with the airline. Is there
no way to get the tickets to yourself direct. I'm assuming you booked with a
Credit Card and therefore have some protection with them?

A similar thing happened to my folks when Duo went down the pan but they got
the cash back eventually. Hope you manage to get to the States though
whatever happens.

Old November 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM

Joe Curry wrote:

Just got back from STN today and received the news that my travel agent
supplying my forthcoming USA flight has gone into liquidation.
Phileas Fogg Travel London went down the tubes on Friday ...
Hectic days ahead for me. :-(

A pity. I have used them for transatlantic tickets and found them
to be quite good. Not always the cheapest, a bit agressive regarding
insurance, but overall I rated them highly.

Surely your flight, provided you have already booked, will be secure.
You should have either a paper ticket or an e-ticket, which is then
independent of Phileas Fogg.

Failing which, I have had no problems with e-bookers, despite what is
sometimes written about them, nor US Airtours

Old November 8th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Lansbury

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:10:19 GMT, Joe Curry wrote:

Phileas Fogg Travel

Are you talking about the one owned by Top Hat Travel, or is there another
one. I asked because the one owned by Top Hat Travel still has a current web
site, and I noted you put London into the name which the Top Hat one doesn't
have.
-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:27 PM
GKirk

Joe Curry wrote:
Just got back from STN today and received the news that my travel agent
supplying my forthcoming USA flight has gone into liquidation.

Phileas Fogg Travel London went down the tubes on Friday ...

Hectic days ahead for me. :-(

Should be ok if they are ATOL/ABTA associated, either holidays will
continue or a full refund given.

Old November 10th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Joe Curry

The message
from Joe Curry contains these words:

Phileas Fogg Travel London went down the tubes on Friday ...

Hectic days ahead for me. :-(

An update.. I manage to rebook similar flights - £160 cheaper - with
www.thomascook.com

I have a letter from ATOL confirming Phileas Fogg's liquidation and will
get a full refund
from my credit card company on presentation.

KLM did not receive payment for my original flights.

I still have a considerable amount of paperwork in order to receive a
refund from my credit card company.

FWIW..I have had no word from the liquidators..

--
www.edinburghairport.org.uk Edinburgh Scotland International

Scotland's most convenient/accessible/profitable/airport
The International Gateway with Scotland's busiest runway.
http://www2.germanwings.com/en/images/edinburgh_en.gif
http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753
http://www.yabbers.com/phpbb/?mforum=edinburghairpor
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Joe Curry" wrote in message
The message
from Joe Curry contains these words:

Phileas Fogg Travel London went down the tubes on Friday ...

Hectic days ahead for me. :-(

An update.. I manage to rebook similar flights - £160 cheaper - with
www.thomascook.com

I have a letter from ATOL confirming Phileas Fogg's liquidation and will
get a full refund
from my credit card company on presentation.

KLM did not receive payment for my original flights.

I still have a considerable amount of paperwork in order to receive a
refund from my credit card company.

FWIW..I have had no word from the liquidators..

Wot after five days. Are you serious?

tim

Old November 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
admin

The message
from "tim \(moved to sweden\)" contains
these words:

Wot after five days. Are you serious?

Serious about my impending flights Tim, yes. :-)