Bangkok Air-Thai connection at BKK: how much time?

Old November 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
VS

Default Bangkok Air-Thai connection at BKK: how much time?

I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight (these are
completely separate tickets, so I'll need to collect my luggage,
check in with Thai, etc.)

How much time should I leave for this connection? I am thinking 3
hours, but not being familiar with BKK, I'd rather err on the side
of caution.

If anyone knows anything about typical delays on the LPQ-BKK flight
(or else alternative ways of getting to BKK from LPQ), that'd be much
appreciated, too.

Old November 13th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Viviane

3 hours sounds like plenty, assuming all is going to schedule. Every time
we have gone thro BKK airport, it's all been pretty quick, even when getting
off a full 747. If you have any doubts, why don't you get in touch with
Bangkok Air and see what they say.

Old November 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Francois Hotmail

About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape about the
500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself my luggage, then I
had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20 minutes in Thialand

Old November 13th, 2005, 04:23 PM
tile

VS wrote:
I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight (these are
completely separate tickets, so I'll need to collect my luggage,
check in with Thai, etc.)

How much time should I leave for this connection? I am thinking 3
hours, but not being familiar with BKK, I'd rather err on the side
of caution.

If anyone knows anything about typical delays on the LPQ-BKK flight
(or else alternative ways of getting to BKK from LPQ), that'd be much
appreciated, too.

check yr luggage directly to yr Bangkok Air domestic connection and they
will do the transfer for you.

Normally a Bankok Air stewardess is waiting for connecting passengers.
domestic or international
and help them with everything

pls note that Bangkok Air has a separate lounge.. where you can have drinks
and cookies free of charge..
I like this small airline.

to connect from International to domestic flights you will need to chenge
terminal.
but two hours are more than enough

Old November 13th, 2005, 10:50 PM
VS

In article ,
tile wrote:

I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight

check yr luggage directly to yr Bangkok Air domestic connection and they
will do the transfer for you.

I am not connecting to a domestic Bangkok Air flight, I am connecting
to a domestic Thai Airways flight. I am not sure Bangkok Air will
check my luggage through to Thai, considering that it's a separate
ticket on a different airline.

Old November 14th, 2005, 07:10 AM
tile

VS wrote:
In article ,
tile wrote:

I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight

check yr luggage directly to yr Bangkok Air domestic connection and
they will do the transfer for you.

I am not connecting to a domestic Bangkok Air flight, I am connecting
to a domestic Thai Airways flight. I am not sure Bangkok Air will
check my luggage through to Thai, considering that it's a separate
ticket on a different airline.

if you have yr flights in one ticket
the clerk at the departing airport will check yr luggage through to the
final destination.
do not worry

I have flown to BKK in Auguist. connected to Bangkok air to Siem Reap
then flew back bangkok air to Bangkok and connected to Chang mai

you will have to change terminal though
people are kind and efficient

Old November 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Viviane

I don't know but it seems odd that you would have to pay it if you're only
in transit. I'm assuming you came into Bkk on an international flight and
left on another international flight.

Old November 14th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Tchiowa

Francois Hotmail wrote:
About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape about the
500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself my luggage, then I
had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20 minutes in Thialand

Why do you care? You pay the airport tax in every airport you go to
everywhere in the world. Most airports add the tax to the price of your
ticket. Bangkok doesn't. That's the only difference.

And the 500 baht is only for international departures. Domestic is
less.