Bangkok Air-Thai connection at BKK: how much time?

Old November 14th, 2005, 05:43 PM
cjra96

Default Bangkok Air-Thai connection at BKK: how much time?

Tchiowa wrote:
Francois Hotmail wrote:
About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape about the
500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself my luggage, then I
had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20 minutes in Thialand

Why do you care? You pay the airport tax in every airport you go to
everywhere in the world. Most airports add the tax to the price of your
ticket. Bangkok doesn't. That's the only difference.

And the 500 baht is only for international departures. Domestic is
less.

I don't recall ever paying a tax for domestic departures - at least not
one that wasn't already rolled into the ticket.

Old November 14th, 2005, 06:42 PM
tile

cjra96 wrote:
Tchiowa wrote:
Francois Hotmail wrote:
About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape
about the 500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself
my luggage, then I had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20
minutes in Thialand

Why do you care? You pay the airport tax in every airport you go to
everywhere in the world. Most airports add the tax to the price of
your ticket. Bangkok doesn't. That's the only difference.

And the 500 baht is only for international departures. Domestic is
less.

I don't recall ever paying a tax for domestic departures - at least
not one that wasn't already rolled into the ticket.

yes
I have flown 3 times domestic in Thailand and never paid anyhting
also. was in transit in Bangkok to domestic departures and never paid

Paid only from Bangkok to Germany

Old November 14th, 2005, 08:40 PM
LarbGai

"cjra96" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tchiowa wrote:
Francois Hotmail wrote:
About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape about
the
500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself my luggage,
then I
had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20 minutes in Thialand

Why do you care? You pay the airport tax in every airport you go to
everywhere in the world. Most airports add the tax to the price of your
ticket. Bangkok doesn't. That's the only difference.

And the 500 baht is only for international departures. Domestic is
less.

I don't recall ever paying a tax for domestic departures - at least not
one that wasn't already rolled into the ticket.

***** You must remember that Tchiowa only ever dreams of going to Thailand.
He's never actually been there to experience it.

;-)

Old November 14th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Francois Hotmail

The customs take you in photo... but you can't take take them. That's not
fair.

Old November 15th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Penguini

"Francois Hotmail" ha scritto
:

About connection in BKK, do you know if there is a way to escape about
the 500 Bath airport tax ? Last time, I had to handle myself my
luggage, then I had to pay the Airport tax. I spent only 20 minutes in
Thialand

The tax should not come into play if he is taking a domestic connection.
Otherwise for international flights it cannot be avoided.

Old November 15th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

wrote:

There have been reports of 2 hour delays passing through immigration
as they've started taking photos of all inbound passengers.

Bummer. When did they start doing that? I was there a few months back and they
weren't at that point.
Old November 15th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:10:01 GMT, "tile" wrote:

VS wrote:
In article ,
tile wrote:

I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight

check yr luggage directly to yr Bangkok Air domestic connection and
they will do the transfer for you.

I am not connecting to a domestic Bangkok Air flight, I am connecting
to a domestic Thai Airways flight. I am not sure Bangkok Air will
check my luggage through to Thai, considering that it's a separate
ticket on a different airline.

if you have yr flights in one ticket
the clerk at the departing airport will check yr luggage through to the
final destination.
do not worry

I have flown to BKK in Auguist. connected to Bangkok air to Siem Reap
then flew back bangkok air to Bangkok and connected to Chang mai

you will have to change terminal though
people are kind and efficient

The major airlines will allow you to check your baggage through to
your final destination, regardless of whether the flights are on a
separate ticket or not.

Things are not so easy with the new low-cost carriers because they
will only check bags to the initial destination, even if you have a
same-day connecting flight. I had this problem when flying from Manila
to Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. I flew Manila to Singapore on
Jetstar Asia, with a 4 hours transit in Singapore to get an Air Asia
flight on to Bangkok. I had to pass through Singapore immigration to
collect my bags, and then wait around in the departure area with my
bags for a couple of hours until the Air Asia check-in desk opened.

It would be worth checking with Bangkok Airways to confirm whether
they will be able to transfer your bags to Thai without you having to
collect and re-check them in Bangkok.

Chris
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
cjra96

Chris Blunt wrote:

It would be worth checking with Bangkok Airways to confirm whether
they will be able to transfer your bags to Thai without you having to
collect and re-check them in Bangkok.

What's funny is when you transit thru a US airport, even on the same
ticket, you have to collect and re-check your bags. A major PITA, IMO.