Great 'service' from Ryanair - NOT!!!

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:49 AM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

Default Great 'service' from Ryanair - NOT!!!

In message , at 22:25:11 on Fri, 8 Jan
2010, tim.... remarked:
Of course, but it is still going to be something that the ground staff at
the airport (that the plane has landed at) will be likely to have done
before.

Which ground staff? Not the ones refuelling the plane.

The ones who deal with passengers.

Whenever I get back to East Midlands airport in the early evening the
flight crew always chant the bit about "if you need any help there are
ground crew available", but it's like the Marie Celeste. There's
sometimes one person guiding people to the next available immigration
desk, but apart from that, no-one (not even to complain to about lost
bags).

To get to the departures area you have to go outside, and back inside
again the other end of the building. Maybe there'd be some people there;
but I don't know where I'd look if the airline didn't normally fly from
there.
--
Roland Perry
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
pete

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 06:49:37 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:25:11 on Fri, 8 Jan
2010, tim.... remarked:
Of course, but it is still going to be something that the ground staff at
the airport (that the plane has landed at) will be likely to have done
before.

Which ground staff? Not the ones refuelling the plane.

The ones who deal with passengers.

Whenever I get back to East Midlands airport in the early evening the
flight crew always chant the bit about "if you need any help there are
ground crew available", but it's like the Marie Celeste.

You could try lighting up. I'd expect you'd be surrounded by armed *******s
(OK, maybe not the same thing) within seconds.
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:04 AM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message , at 22:25:11 on Fri, 8 Jan
2010, tim.... remarked:
Of course, but it is still going to be something that the ground staff
at
the airport (that the plane has landed at) will be likely to have done
before.

Which ground staff? Not the ones refuelling the plane.

The ones who deal with passengers.

Whenever I get back to East Midlands airport in the early evening the
flight crew always chant the bit about "if you need any help there are
ground crew available", but it's like the Marie Celeste. There's sometimes
one person guiding people to the next available immigration desk, but
apart from that, no-one (not even to complain to about lost bags).

I still don't see that this is an excuse. If a plane has been diverted to
an airport it is not unreasonable to expect there to be staff able to deal
with the arriving passengers. If there aren't, then the airport shouldn't
accept the diversion.

tim

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message , at 10:04:28 on Sat, 9 Jan
2010, tim.... remarked:
If a plane has been diverted to an airport it is not unreasonable to
expect there to be staff able to deal with the arriving passengers. If
there aren't, then the airport shouldn't accept the diversion.

I agree. They should let the plane land in a field instead. Crash into
the field if the fuel runs out first.
--
Roland Perry
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Neil Williams[_2_]

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:42:38 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

I agree. They should let the plane land in a field instead. Crash into
the field if the fuel runs out first.

Or even (if fuel is available) circle for ages.

For those who didn't travel to the airport by car, landing somewhere
vaguely nearby is likely to be a better option, even if the airline
don't sort anything out. For me, for instance, if I landed at any
South East or Midlands airport (so long as it wasn't 3am) it'd be
easier for me to get the train home and forget about it.

If you're in the air, that option doesn't exist.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Buddenbrooks

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
For me, for instance, if I landed at any
South East or Midlands airport (so long as it wasn't 3am) it'd be
easier for me to get the train home and forget about it.

Then you should pay less for your ticket as you will require less support
from the airline.