This Thing Called Government Is The Same Everywhe Slow, Stupid,And Incompetent

Old June 15th, 2010, 12:40 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Stan Laurel Himself

Default This Thing Called Government Is The Same Everywhe Slow, Stupid,And Incompetent

This Thing Called Government Is The Same Everywhe Slow, Stupid, And
Incompetent

Most people who read this story probably finished it thinking, “What a
decent and courageous fellow!” While I’d agree with that sentiment,
I took something else away from the story entirely: In nearly 50 years
Don Ritchie, 84, has saved at least 160 people at The Gap, a rocky
cliff at the entrance to Sydney Harbour...

...Read more

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths166b

Yes, folks, people have been throwing themselves off of this cliff in
numbers since the 1800s -- and we're talking about a lot of people.
"One person a week" in January. Yet, in over a hundred years, the most
significant thing the government has managed to do to solve the
problem is to put up a 3ft fence pretty much any able bodied person
could get over with ease.

In other words, just in case you were wondering, it's not just our
government that's slow, stupid, and completely incompetent.