Security at LAS

Old March 18th, 2004, 11:35 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Security at LAS

I've never flown into Las Vegas before. Does anyone have any idea how long
can it take to clear secuirty on a Sunday morning? Is there an elite line?
I don't yet have my elite card from United (they just matched my status),
but I've got a letter from them confirming my status and, I assume, it would
appear on my boarding pass. Is there an elite line I can use?

Thanks!

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:37 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

Sunday Morning, you'll be catching NWA's nonstop Tokyo/Seoul
arrival/departure, so you may want to get there a bit early.

NWA doesn't have nonstops from LAS to Tokyo or Seoul. But it's true
that Sunday-morning lines at LAS can be epic. I've seen 1 hour,
and heard of 2 hours.

Old March 19th, 2004, 05:13 AM
PTRAVEL

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
. com...

Old March 19th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
PTRAVEL wrote:

Missing
the flight on account of making it through the security checkpoint, but
missing the train is a bit of a bummer.

Ummmm. . . hunh?

I'm on UA to SFO.

At LAS, this means that you'll need to take a train after the security
checkpoint and then hike for a bit to get to your gate.

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:33 AM
mtravelkay

PTRAVEL wrote:
"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
. com...

Sunday Morning, you'll be catching NWA's nonstop Tokyo/Seoul
arrival/departure, so you may want to get there a bit early. Missing
the flight on account of making it through the security checkpoint, but
missing the train is a bit of a bummer.

Ummmm. . . hunh?

I'm on UA to SFO.

He means the security line will be longer because of the widebody flight
that is departing on Sunday morning, not your flight.

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
mtravelkay wrote:

He means the security line will be longer because of the widebody flight
that is departing on Sunday morning, not your flight.

The only widebody flight out of LAS on Sunday mornings is JAL (unless
you count Delta's 767s as widebodies), which departs from a different
terminal than United, so presumably it's of no consequence to Tauger.
He will have to take the train, though, to get to his gate.

Old March 19th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Howard Long

I've seen 1 hour,
and heard of 2 hours.

Agreed. Although if you travel FC there is an express lane to the C and D
gates - still has ten or fifteen minutes' delay on it though. They really
have not figured out their security at all at LAS.

Kind Regards, Howard

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM
PTRAVEL

"Vitaly Shmatikov" wrote in message
In article ,
mtravelkay wrote:

He means the security line will be longer because of the widebody flight
that is departing on Sunday morning, not your flight.

The only widebody flight out of LAS on Sunday mornings is JAL (unless
you count Delta's 767s as widebodies), which departs from a different
terminal than United, so presumably it's of no consequence to Tauger.
He will have to take the train, though, to get to his gate.

Thanks everybody. Looks like it take a while to get out of there.