Question about Journal Square Neighborhood

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Peter T. Daniels

Default Question about Journal Square Neighborhood

Richard T. Kus wrote:

In article ,
Peter T. Daniels wrote:
wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:26:20 GMT, "Peter T. Daniels"
wrote:

If you're in Spuyten Duyvil, why are you promoting JC?

I have posted that I live south of Journal Square. I've identified the
location, in this thread, as the arpartment house on Kennedy Blvd
between Fairmount and Duncan - and even posted a link to a photo of
it. So I don't know whay you would think I live a few dozens miles
away in the middle of the East River.

You said you're "a few hundred yards" from me. I'm in Spuyten Duyvil,
which is nowhere near the East River, but is the southern portion of
Riverdale, directly opposite the northern tip of Manhattan.

So you are saying that you don't live a few hundred feet from the
intersection of Montgomery Street and Kenedy, in the next block from
me. I am wrong. I thought you lived there. Wonder what gave me that
idea.

I know where Kennedy is, but not where Montgomery is.

Montgomery is parallel to columbus; one block south.

I don't know where Columbus is.

richk

I don't know where Bentley Ave is, but my house in the Heights (on a
half-width lot) was more than 25% more than that 5 days ago.

That the Heights, north of Journal Square. The original post to which
I responded rthere. It's one of the streets known locally as Doctor's
Row and the district called Silk Stocking.

Something's missing from that paragraph!

--
Peter T. Daniels
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Steve Grant

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Richard T. Kus wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Parallel to Montgomery; one block north.

Old May 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Richard T. Kus

In article ,
Peter T. Daniels wrote:
Richard T. Kus wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Its actually Christopher Columbus. If you are filmiar Grove street and
Exchange Place path station; then you are.

Rich

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Peter T. Daniels

Steve Grant wrote:

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Richard T. Kus wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ach, of course.

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:33 PM

On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:54:58 GMT, "Peter T. Daniels"

wrote:

If you're in Spuyten Duyvil, why are you promoting JC?

But it is *you* who are in Spuyten Duyvil.? My posts made it clear
I'm in JC.

I have posted that I live south of Journal Square. I've identified the
location, in this thread, as the arpartment house on Kennedy Blvd
between Fairmount and Duncan - and even posted a link to a photo of
it. So I don't know whay you would think I live a few dozens miles
away in the middle of the East River.

You said you're "a few hundred yards" from me. I'm in Spuyten Duyvil,
which is nowhere near the East River, but is the southern portion of
Riverdale, directly opposite the northern tip of Manhattan.

A lot closer to the East River than I am.

I don't know where Bentley Ave is, but my house in the Heights (on a
half-width lot) was more than 25% more than that 5 days ago.

Is that the Spuyten Duyvil Heights? Do you see why I thought you are
here in JC?

That the Heights, north of Journal Square. The original post to which
I responded rthere. It's one of the streets known locally as Doctor's
Row and the district called Silk Stocking.

Something's missing from that paragraph!

Yes, my error. I failed to proofread and missed some uncorrected
copy/paste text. It should have said:

The Jersey City Heights are *north* of Journal Square. The post to
which I responded mentioned the area *south* of Journal Square.
Bentley is one of the streets known locally as Doctor's Row and the
district is also called the Silk Stocking district..

CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Peter T. Daniels

wrote:

If you're in Spuyten Duyvil, why are you promoting JC?

But it is *you* who are in Spuyten Duyvil.? My posts made it clear
I'm in JC.

But you said you're a few hundred yards from me.

I have posted that I live south of Journal Square. I've identified the
location, in this thread, as the arpartment house on Kennedy Blvd
between Fairmount and Duncan - and even posted a link to a photo of
it. So I don't know whay you would think I live a few dozens miles
away in the middle of the East River.

You said you're "a few hundred yards" from me. I'm in Spuyten Duyvil,
which is nowhere near the East River, but is the southern portion of
Riverdale, directly opposite the northern tip of Manhattan.

A lot closer to the East River than I am.

But not "a few hundred yards" from the middle of it.

I don't know where Bentley Ave is, but my house in the Heights (on a
half-width lot) was more than 25% more than that 5 days ago.

Is that the Spuyten Duyvil Heights? Do you see why I thought you are
here in JC?

No, I don't. I won't be there for another month.

That the Heights, north of Journal Square. The original post to which
I responded rthere. It's one of the streets known locally as Doctor's
Row and the district called Silk Stocking.

Something's missing from that paragraph!

Yes, my error. I failed to proofread and missed some uncorrected
copy/paste text. It should have said:

The Jersey City Heights are *north* of Journal Square. The post to
which I responded mentioned the area *south* of Journal Square.
Bentley is one of the streets known locally as Doctor's Row and the
district is also called the Silk Stocking district..

If you are somewhere south of JSQ, you are not "a few hundred yards"
from my house in the Heights.
--
Peter T. Daniels