Seychelles - help and info needed

Old June 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM
Responder

Default Seychelles - help and info needed

Hey!

We are planning to visit seychelles in 2005. We would be coming either from
Europe or the US. Which travel agencies would you recommend? Which air
carriers? What is the best place to stay in? (What would be a reasonable
budget?)

TIA,

Daniel

Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM
gmelean

Hi:

Here you are some good sites with info and reviews about Seychelles. I
hope they can be useful.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/f7e/3/
http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/f7e/9/
http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/f7e/4/
http://www.sey.net/
http://www.epinions.com/trvl-Dest-Af...splay_~reviews

Best wishes,
gmelean

Looking for a gift?
Visit http://qualityproducts.netfirms.com

Old June 9th, 2004, 07:09 AM
walter

We are planning to visit seychelles in 2005. We would be coming either from
Europe or the US. Which travel agencies would you recommend? Which air
carriers?

From Europe: Most likely you will arrive with Air Seychelles,
Aircrafts run by Air France.

What is the best place to stay in?

Island Mahe is extremely overpopulated, 80% of the people live there.
Hotels I've been at:
I would not stay in the coral hotel south of the airport. OK but
overpriced are the hotels at Vallon beach in the North. Just Hotel and
sand, available in Mauritius or Madagascar much cheaper. No tropical
dream, the whole bay is a town.
Worth the high price and really beautiful in a huge park: Plantation
club.

Island Praslin: All hotels I know are lonesome, noble resorts in
tropical forests, often one per bay.

Island La Digue: This is a really relaxed (or call it boring,
depending on your needs) place. Almost zero cars, small bungalows to
live in, Nightlive ends at 7pm. Take many books with you.
All the advert pictures of huge black rocks in white sand are taken at
the south beach here (entrance to the beach 5 US$).

(What would be a reasonable budget?)

A lot! Seychelles are the most expensive land in the Indian Ocean and
generally a bit greedy. For example they call now some beaches
"National Park". Just beaches with villages, fishermen boats, roads,
cars at the beach and so. But as soon as a tourist puts a foot on the
sand he pays around 15 US$ entrance fee, collected by always present
security people.

Compared with neighbour land I would say if Mauritius price level
equals 1, then Reunion is factor 1.5, Seychelles is factor 2.

Walter