snoring in youth hostels

Old November 16th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Agena 2003

The Scottish Parliament has voted on wednesday, november, the 10th a law
forbidding smoke in all enclosed public places, including pubs and restaurants.
The information has been broadcasted by the french channel "Euronews" on
monday, november, the 15th.
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Rele...04/11/10144025
Since 1999, the Scottish Parliament is independent from the English Parliament.
According to the Scottish Prime Minister Jack McConnell, this measure will be
effective in spring 2006.

Le Parlement Ecossais a voté mercredi 10 novembre une loi interdisant de fumer
dans tous les lieux publics, y compris les bars et restaurants.
L'info est passée sur Euronews lundi 15 novembre au matin.
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Rele...04/11/10144025
Depuis 1999, le Parlement Ecossais est indépendant du Parlement Anglais.
Selon le Premier Ministre Ecossais Jack McConnell, cette mesure entrera en
vigueur au printemps 2006.

Old November 20th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Andrew Beaupre

I'm an awful snorer in hostel beds. I had to sleep in the hallway of a
hostel once due to it. I now travel with earplugs for the rest of the
room or a anti-snore mouthpiece (those things are damn expsneive). Its
a curse I tell you, so don't hate us too much. At the same time, most
snorers don't mind a pillow to the head every once and awhile to remind us.

Drew
www.gonzotravel.net

jobe wrote:
Having spent many nights in climbing huts in the uk and Europe and cheap
dolllar hotels in Africa and Asia I have to say if you have a problem with
snoring then it is perhaps better you take a hotel room. By nature cheap
dorm space has its problems snoring is one, theft another but tolerance is
all when staying in cheap digs. Learn it or leave don't spend your free time
moaning about ****e on here.

I don't snore but have slept with people who do, no problem just learn to
relax. I live in the country no noise but used to live near a motorway I
know which I would rather have and its not the constant roar of traffic.

Kind regards safe travels to all

Mike
"Gonzalez" wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:32:27 +0100, "taywood"
wrote:

"Gonzalez" wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:34:07 +0100, JohnB wrote:

My last ever, ever, visit to a YH was in Derbyshire for a
weekend cross country skiing seminar.
After a visit to the local pub we retired quietly to our dorm.
I couldnt sleep. I was in the top bunk and the other side of the
plywood partition was a moron with a sleep problem.

All was quiet until we became aware of this guys breathing getting
faster and faster and faster - then it stopped.

He didnt breathe for what seemed a hell of a long time and then
his body noisily convulsed as his lungs desperately sought air.
The bunk and the partition rattled
This pattern was repeated over and over and over.
People shook him, woke him, spoke to him, shouted at him
nothing made any difference.

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepa...D=2588&cook=no