Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Old December 13th, 2004, 10:00 AM
ae871

eal wrote:
*I have to agree with Pixie and Mima, Geoholiday is an excellent and
responsive timeshare points company.

The sales pitch that I attended was clearly described as a 90 minute
affair, and it was not a minute longer. We did win receive a free
vacation, and we went to Lake Tahoe for a week where we had a great
time.

We were the only ones that purchased a membership that night, but the
sales staff treated everyone else with courtesy and respect.

I have been a member for a few years now and I continue to get great
service and great vacations from Geoholiday. They add new resorts to
their portfolio on a regular basis and disassociate themselves from
ones where the standards have dropped.

I am sorry that some of the posters had bad experiences but my
experiences have been totally positive. *

Be very careful about posts like these. I suspect it is from somebody
who works for GEO Holidays pretending to be a satisfied customer, which
is a common Internet marketing tactic which takes advantage of the
anonymity of postings.

Beware falling for this dishonest tactic!

--
ae871
ae871's Profile: 650

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
eal

So much for posting a dissenting opinion! (and not the only one on this
thread I might add).

You will just have to take my word for it that I am a satisffied
customer, nothing more, nothing less.

This board should be just that - a place to post my opinion for others
to read and consider.

--
eal
eal's Profile: 641

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
hnparmis

Hi everybody,
This is the letter I have sent to GEO Holidays 2 days after signing a
contract which ruined my life and cause mental duress and pressure for
us.
I am waiting for their reponse now and I get ready to go to the court
to fight for our rights.
Please be away from these people and don't be fool by free vacation
package.
We are victims of these vacation scams and are trying to
recover from that devastating presentation.
Thanks,
and again
Keep yourself safe and away form GEO Holiday.

To:
GH Marketing Inc.
2225 Sheppard Ave. E.,
18th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M2J 5C2

December 16, 2004

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please accept this letter as a cancellation of the Purchase Agreement
Contract for vacation club membership with GH Marketing Inc. signed by
us, our names removed, on Dec 12th 2004. We, our names removed
by canceling the vacation club membership purchase agreement contract
consider no obligations under the contract and all authorized money
withdrawal are assumed void effective now.
This cancellation is done within the five days grace period provided in
the contract and is based on the following reasons:
- The contract was signed under undue influence by the sales people
gathering around us at the time of presentation and no time was
provided for consulting, studying the terms of the contract, looking at
the vacation package materials, calculating the worthiness of the
deal.
- We were solicited by phone and offered a free vacation package with
no obligation for attending a promotional presentation for a maximum of
90 minutes starting at 12:30 Sunday Dec 12th 2004. The arrangement for
our child babysitting was for that timing and the whole session was
extended to 4 PM and put us under high pressure to leave the place as
quick as possible. The salespeople were frequently insisting on that
matter that we get all the benefits only and only in that presentation
which led us to unwise, influenced and wrong decision.
- The most important materials of the vacation package were not
presented to us before signing the contract which would definitely
affect our decision for contract consideration. This includes, but is
not limited to, vacation credit charts showing the worthiness of the
credits for vacation resorts, the time and size limitations of the
vacation places and hidden costs of reserving the vacations.
- There were several numbers of misrepresentations during the
presentations including, but not limited to, showing the lowest credit
needed for a resort like the one in Mexico for 4500 credits which would
only happen under specific conditions not mentioned in the
presentation. Certainly this led us to a misjudgment about the
worthiness of the credits we get.
- The financing options and the total money due were not clearly
communicated and there were confusing dollar numbers in US and Canadian
currencies. We were not allowed (by frequent interruptions by
salespersons) to discuss and consult with each other the affordability
of such a financing and the effect of that on our lifestyle. We have
just bought a house and and already have so much liability. This was
only realized when taking a moment of thinking out of the presentation
place and away from the sales people.
- My request to talk and consult with my wife in Persian (our first
language) to clarify the terms and conditions was interrupted and
broken by representatives to mention several times, over and over, that
they are giving us away a free club membership in somewhere in Ontario
(which later at home we realized is far away from our home and is only
to use a park). The continuous interruption by representatives, which
do their job very well, to remind us of ridicules promotions over and
over, led us to be mentally incapacitated persons and therefore unable
to give the situation a little thought.
- Most of the presentation time (about 2 hours) was spent on showing
the beautiful resorts and flexibility and freedom of owning such
vacation memberships and we were frequently told that we could have our
dream vacations every year anytime anywhere which is a total
misrepresentation and might only happen with very high credits and
continuous hassling of checking the last minutes deals and spending
most likely some extra money on them. On the other hand, there was only
few minutes (about 15 minutes) allotted for talking about our
obligations and expenditure.
- The vacation club obligations were not presented to us in the so
called presentation meeting. All the important material which would
affect our decision were in a closed binder delivered to us only after
signing the contract and up on leaving. Of course we were not aware of
such things to ask for them and it is a hiding of material which misled
us in signing the contract. Even after reading the fine prints about
the club’s obligations we are still wondering if there exists any
obligation by the club and concluded the contract as a one way contract
for the benefit of the club and no contract consideration for us. The
contract and material presented to us do not show at all what would
happen if the club ceased to offer their services to us.

Our reasons are not limited to the above mentioned and all in all the
Sunday presentation turned out to be a devastating event for us later
on instead of getting a free vacation package. This contract by no
means has any benefit to our family and has already put hardship and
monetary problems for us and ruined some of our belief to Canadian
companies leading to fear and anxiety.
By canceling this contract, which by any measure of law, fairness and
human conscience is our absolute and non disputable right, GH Marketing
Inc. or GEOHoliday or whoever responsible for that is obligated to
reimburse us all the money withdrawn from our accounts and consider all
of our obligations void effective now.
We reserve our right to make a complaint to proper authorities and take
every necessary course of action to claim financial damages, if not
fully rectified, and report our mental duress and hardship this
unsolicited invitation for a free vacation package has caused to our
family

Regards,

--
hnparmis
hnparmis's Profile: 659

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
yan-yan

I received a nice call too exactly as described by many others.

I’m the kind of person that believes nothing is free in this world.
However, this scam made me hesitate.
Thanks to the information I found here, I’m now 101% sure there is
nothing free in this world.

This scam tries to get people’s attention, and then by extreme 90mins
physiological pressure, they make you sign a contract, which you will
regret for the rest of your life.
I don’t know why the government tolerates this.

Thanks so much everybody!!!

--
yan-yan
yan-yan's Profile: 686

Old January 15th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Flyers1

I was this close to going because they said you don't have to buy
anything to get 2 free dinners at local mid-class restraurents in town,
2-3 days free in the Laurentians and a chance at either 2 year free
lease on a BMW or 10,000 in cash right away if they key they give us
starts it or opens the door. I called Neelam back at # provided
1-866-231-5550 x.239 and had to leave a msg. to cancel our apt.
Very strange that they don't let kids in and you need to go as a
couple. The kids thing should have be enough warning but my wife was
really taking by Neelam. She Neelam said to me they pick 2 couples to
give these prizes away to and they relly on word or mouth instead of
advertisement... . BS!!!The manager that gave me directions was named
Raoul. Another thing I found weird was when we setup the meeting there
was a 10:45,12:45 & 2:15 timeslots? If their only giving prizes to two
couples why so many timeslots. They said we need photo ID like drivers
license or Ohip card. I usually always say no, no, no and have a nice
day to any salesperson on the phone and just about fell for this one.
My wife being so excited about helped a bit though. So if you are
reading this remember if there's anything weird about any type of offer
like they have giving you it's because its BS!!!! To quote Monthy
Python Holy Grail's Frenchman --- "I fart in your general direction"
GeoHolidays Services.

--
Flyers1
Flyers1's Profile: 692

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
niclesl niclesl is offline
Member

In Toronto – Thanks, if I did not see this forum, I may have wasted some very valuable time. I got a similar narrative, “…lease on a BMW or 10,000 in cash right away if they key they give us starts it or opens the door…”. But, I was warned the BMW may be gone, but there was another car to choose from. The caller also babbled on about a vacation prize. If I win a prize, my whole family must be allowed to be present. The contact name I got was Karen at 416-964-2158. I hope this posting helps someone whose time is as valuable as mine.