Celebrity Cancels Caribbean Sailing!

Old November 18th, 2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

Default Celebrity Cancels Caribbean Sailing!

Old November 18th, 2006, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Pods ARE very accurate... problem is that RCL (parent company) chose to
have the ships built in France with French components. Radiance class
(sister ship hulls to Millennium class hulls) also have pods, but were
built in Germany and have had no problems that I'm aware of.

Which would you rather have... a BMW or a Citroen?

Tom,

If the BMW kept breaking down and spending lots of time in the garage (dry
dock), I think I'd go with the Citroen. They are a reliable mode of
transportation, even if they are ugly.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

On the ships it's the French pods that keep breaking down.

--Tom

Old November 18th, 2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

Tom K wrote:

Pods ARE very accurate... problem is that RCL (parent company) chose to
have the ships built in France with French components. Radiance class
(sister ship hulls to Millennium class hulls) also have pods, but were
built in Germany and have had no problems that I'm aware of.

Which would you rather have... a BMW or a Citroen?

Tom,

If the BMW kept breaking down and spending lots of time in the garage (dry
dock), I think I'd go with the Citroen. They are a reliable mode of
transportation, even if they are ugly.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

On the ships it's the French pods that keep breaking down.

--Tom

It appears that the pod drives are really having a problem.
Check out:
http://www.ebearing.com/news2006/052201.htm
for a complete story.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"J Carnaghie" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:
[...]

Yet other ships have them without problems... all the Voyager class ships
have them. So do the Radiance class. And Carnival Legend class.

It seems it's just certain ones that have the problems.

Old November 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Tom K" :

Tom K wrote:
[...]

And Carnival Fantasy class (the first to use azipods, if Carnival's
claims are accurate).

It seems it's just certain ones that have the problems.

--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake J Carnaghie :

Tom K wrote:
[...]

So, it's not French, it's British.

Wonder exactly which bearing is having the problem.