lost luggage on Delta !!

Old January 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Tim923

Default lost luggage on Delta !!

How long is it normal to wait for lost luggage to be shipped? It's
already been over 2 days. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes, they
said my luggage was found, but their computer did not say where it was
or when it would be shipped.

The flight was BGM to MCO.

In the meantime, I had to purchase items that were in my luggage. Can
I ask for cash for items I had to purchase that were in my luggage?
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Roger \(B\)

"Tim923" wrote...
| How long is it normal to wait for lost luggage to be shipped? It's
| already been over 2 days. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes, they
| said my luggage was found, but their computer did not say where it
| was or when it would be shipped. The flight was BGM to MCO.
| In the meantime, I had to purchase items that were in my luggage.
| Can I ask for cash for items I had to purchase that were in my luggage?

I think that you could... but if those items are missing from your
luggage when its returned. Otherwise, you would have both the
cash and the items. You have been inconvenienced, but don't think
that Delta owes only one or the other, not both. [R]

Old January 8th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Tim923

I think that you could... but if those items are missing from your
luggage when its returned. Otherwise, you would have both the
cash and the items. You have been inconvenienced, but don't think
that Delta owes only one or the other, not both. [R]

I finally got the package today!!!

I thought only other people lost luggage in airports
Old January 8th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Bill Pittman

In article 1105216858.6ef8181401180c453bf1068a0eabdcd7@teran ews,
Tim923 wrote:

I finally got the package today!!!

I thought only other people lost luggage in airports

Well, good for you. Delta lost my wife's full, brand-new suitcase in
2001 and NEVER found it. We got $2500, but it was no bargain given the
cost & trouble of replacing everything.

That was the last straw that made us stop flying. We haven't been in a
plane since 1/2001, and we don't miss it at all!

Old January 9th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Roger \(B\)

"Bill Pittman" wrote...
| Delta lost my wife's full, brand-new suitcase in 2001 and
| NEVER found it. We got $2500, but it was no bargain
| given the cost & trouble of replacing everything.
| That was the last straw that made us stop flying. We haven't
| been in a plane since 1/2001, and we don't miss it at all!

To each, their own, but I find that, as I get older, I don't
don't like wasting time for travel by motor vehicle or train
when a plane ride would save me several hours of tedium.
I never check anything I'm not willing to never see again. [R]

Old January 9th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Roger \(B\)

"Bill Pittman" wrote...

Old January 9th, 2005, 04:27 AM
TCS

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:18:50 -0500, Roger (B) wrote:
"Bill Pittman" wrote...
| Delta lost my wife's full, brand-new suitcase in 2001 and
| NEVER found it. We got $2500, but it was no bargain
| given the cost & trouble of replacing everything.
| That was the last straw that made us stop flying. We haven't
| been in a plane since 1/2001, and we don't miss it at all!

To each, their own, but I find that, as I get older, I don't
don't like wasting time for travel by motor vehicle or train
when a plane ride would save me several hours of tedium.
I never check anything I'm not willing to never see again. [R]

I've found that for anything less than a 900 miles, I'd rather drive.
The total time is the same and I don't have to be cramped in a space designed
for an anorexic.

When flying, you have to add the time to the airport, time to wait in line
to check in baggage, time to get through security, time to wait to board plane,
time plane waiting in line to takeoff, etc. Figure about 4 hours added to
time of flight.
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Roger \(B\)

"TCS" wrote...
| I've found that for anything less than a 900 miles, I'd rather drive.
| The total time is the same and I don't have to be cramped in a
| space designed for an anorexic.
| When flying, you have to add the time to the airport, time to wait
| in line to check in baggage, time to get through security, time to
| wait to board plane, time plane waiting in line to takeoff, etc.
| Figure about 4 hours added to time of flight.

Sometimes, though, it depends on whether a 400 mile drive is
bearable, even if there is no time savings. I would not complain
about spending six hours driving thru Colorado, but the same
time in Kansas would drive me up the wall. Likewise, driving
from North Florida (where I live) to South Florida is tiresome.
If Southwest can get me there for under a $100, I'll have to pass
seeing Yeehaw Junction from the Florida Turnpike. [R]

Old January 9th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Roger \(B\)

"TCS" wrote...