Don't spend your US Dollars in Canada !!!!!!

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:14 PM
TNSAF

Bill Pittman wrote:
In article ,
(gman99) wrote:

Bill Pittman wrote:
In article ,
(gman99) wrote:

Nevada ?? California ??? Nope....1% of a state's land area does not
count ! Tell me, how many of these states are COMPLETEly above the
southern most point ? Alaska ??

Changing the rules, eh? I won't go along.

What rules ??

These states are NOT north of the 41st parallel...there is some SMALL
portion above that latitude by MOST of the land area is well south !

The criterion, as clearly stated when this came up, is that if ANY
part of a state is north of the southernmost extent of Canada, that
state is within the designated class. And the 41st parallel is
irrelevant. It's the 42nd that is significant and even it is only an
approximation of the southernmost extent, not an exact location.

Look at a map some time. It may educate you, if that's possible.

Much of this thread seems to be about the differences in the weather and how
geography effects this. We seem to be focused on a line that circles the
earth parallel to the equator, but if anyone cares to look at a weather map
(colourized by temperatures) for North America one would see the wall of
cold drops sharply just beyond the coast and dips deep south into the
central states? Frigid temperatures are something both Canada and the US Red
States share alike... except maybe for Winterpeg... it seems to be in cold
central about this time of the year!

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:14 PM
TNSAF

Bill Pittman wrote:
In article ,
(gman99) wrote:

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM
gman99

The criterion, as clearly stated when this came up, is that if ANY part
of a state is north of the southernmost extent of Canada, that state is
within the designated class.

There was NO CRITERIA mentioned...do you sniff glue too ??

And the 41st parallel is irrelevant. It's
the 42nd that is significant and even it is only an approximation of the
southernmost extent, not an exact location.

Look at a map some time. It may educate you, if that's possible.

The southern most point lays at FORTY-ONE degrees, 41 minutes NORTH EXACTLY
!!
Old December 24th, 2004, 05:02 PM
GCRYAR

Until I joined this group, I never imagined that the canadians were so jealous
of the US. For a group of people that have no history, they sure want to
invent some.
Old December 24th, 2004, 05:02 PM
GCRYAR