Western Australia

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Default Western Australia

"gwendolen" wrote in message

I just had a look at the map and the road doesn't seem to be bitumen
between
Leonara and Meekatharra. We're in a rented van, so we are restricted

in
travelling.

Last year when we were in Broome we were told by someone who had just
travelled in the area that there is now a bitumen road between
Sanstone and
Mt Magnet thus making it possible for you to do the SW the other way
round
as in Perth Margaret River area, Albany, Esperance, Kalgoorlie, Mt
Magnet,
Meekatharra.

Gerrit
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Gerrit 't Hart schreef:
Last year when we were in Broome we were told by someone who had

just
travelled in the area that there is now a bitumen road between
Sanstone and Mt Magnet thus making it possible for you to do the SW
the other way round as in Perth Margaret River area, Albany,
Esperance, Kalgoorlie, Mt Magnet, Meekatharra.

We'll look into it. Thanks Gerrit.
--
gwendolen
--multiplaza.nl.nu--
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Raffi Balmanoukian schreef:
We plan to go to Karajini National Park. Our travel agent mentioned
something about old asbestos mines somewhere in the region. Do you
know which area to avoid?

Fugedabudid....Witnoom is supposedly "no go," but a few hours aren't
going to hurt you

Thanks Raffi.
--
gwendolen
--multiplaza.nl.nu--
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Raffi Balmanoukian schreef:
Kal is definitely worth a trip. Be sure to check out the daily
detonations at the "big pit" just outside of town (around 1700

IIRC).

That sounds like fun. *kaboom* Cool.

Hay St. is legend in itself, well worth a look whether or not you're
"into that." You can take a brothel tour (no cameras!) at

Langtrees.

Mm, will it be interesting for a Dutch couple? Holland, Capital of red
light
district?

I'd skip the fossicking.

We will.

Most definitely. Cap Le Grande is a must-see. If you climb
Frenchman's Peak on a clear day, you can see...well, forever. Watch
your step though - there was a tiger snake minding his own business
when I was there, and I'm sure he had mates!

I'll remember to make lots of noise.

Thanks Raffi.
--
gwendolen
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

tom schreef:
Raffi Balmanoukian wrote:

Most definitely. Cap Le Grande is a must-see. If you climb
Frenchman's Peak on a clear day, you can see...well, forever. Watch
your step though - there was a tiger snake minding his own business
when I was there, and I'm sure he had mates!

He sure did. Last time we were down in the Stirlings and around
Walpole we cam across 3 tiger snakes. Usually slithering off the
walking track in front of us. When in doubt (say when the track is
narrow and there's a lot of underbrush), walk with good thumping
steps - they'll get out of the way when they feel the vibrations.

We will.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to read up on first-aid for snake bites (no
torniquets!!). It'll probably never happen, but if it does it's
fairly simple to treat and unlike the myth, you would normally have
several hours to get treatment if you take the right steps.

Stay calm, immobilize the limb with a spalt (?) and get help. I'll
read up
on first-aid :-)

Thanks for mentioning the wedge-tails and the rock wallabies
in Stirling Range national park. We'll definitely stay there too.

Sounds like a fine plan. Count on some cooler weather/rain and
especially wind when you're down that way. The rocky coast is
magnificent when the southern storms roll in.

Storms. We love storms. Great!
--
gwendolen
--multiplaza.nl.nu--